S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

It suits my style (mellow rock-hard rock) great, the only issue I have with the sound is the weak pickups.

Overall, this guitar is great. Goes with my style, Freakin awesome tremolo. I dunno what else you could want. I've been playing for around 4 years now, and this is my favorite guitar I've ever had by far. My other gear: Epi les Paul, Squeir Tele, Spider 212 amp, Dunlop crybaby, Metal distortion petal, Boss Delay, Boss Compressor, DigiTech GNX1 guitar workstation.

I haven't had this guitar very long now. I've only played it live 2-3 times. But when I did, it was great. The only reason I needed another guitar with me was for Drop-D tuning. Another great feature is the guitar is soo light and thin. When you pick it up it feels like you're gonna snap it, but after you hold it for awhile. You'll never wanna have a heavy guitar ever again

This is easy. There was nothing wrong with my guitar when I got it, and there's still nothing wrong with it.

It might be faster to list the features it doesn't have. This guitar is nearly perfect, great tone, great sustain, a friggin awesome double-locking tremolo, a 5-way pick-up selector Switch, locking tuners. It's all good. My favorite feature is the tremolo though, it's the best tremolo I've ever played. Even if you break some strings, it still stays in tune. Almost perfect. If some of you are wondering the difference between the S470 and the S470DX, it's the metallic finish. Mine's Arctic blue and it's beautiful.