S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Purchased from: Stars Music

I play rock, metal, some blues, and some classical guitar. This guitar suits all of that perfectly. Especially for metal such as Metallica. I run it through a solid-state Crate GLX 65. I don't have any pedals or effects other than the ones on my amp. It can be noisy if the gain turned to high, but so can any guitar. It gives off a great sound and has great sustain.

This is a great guitar for rock or metal. It also suits some of my blues stuff fine. I would definitly replace this guitar if it were lost or stolen. I love the neck, its perfect for me. The only problem I have is that it takes a while to tune sometimes, but once you get it in tune it stays there forever. I have no complaints about this guitar and recommend Ibanez guitars to everyone.

This is a really great guitar. I have played it live a couple of times. I play with another guitar so that I don't have to change tunings on stage, becuse it can take a little while with this guitar. I expect this gutiat to last the rest of my life. The strap buttons are solid. I would gig it without a backup but I do have another guitar live so I don't have to change tunings on stage. This guitar will definetly last.

The guitar came set up really well. The action wasn't bad, it was really easy to play. But I like a really low action so I lowered it a little more which was really easy. You just have to turn to bolts on the guitar. All of the hardware on the guitar is really high quality for a factory guitar. I love how thin it is, and how light it is.

This is an amazing guitar. It was made in Korea. It's got 22 jumbo frets whuch make soloing really easy. The neck is kind of flat and just the way I like it. I can't tell you how much I love this neck. It's so smooth and fast. The body is made of mahogany. It has a ZR tremelo much similar to a Floyd Rose except a step up. I just installed seymour duncan dimebuckers and it sounds amazing. The stock pickups weren't bad, I just wanted a different tone. It has one volume and one tone nob. It has a double locking tremelo system.