S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Purchased from: Guelph Music

I think the sound from this guitar is nice and clean and is very flexible to many playing styles, but not the kind I play. This guitar can't give me that '60s rock tone that I thought it could. This is a more metal orientated guitar.

I play classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Pink FLoyd, Jethro Tull) and this guitar is only ok for this kind of music. I wouldn't recommend it for blues or rock. If I had to buy another guitar I think I would get a trusty Fender instead due to its warm and bluesy tone. My fav feature is the finish and a good price for the value of this guitar. If you like metal or hard rock get this guitar! If not I won't recommend it.

The guitar is very reliable and could take a hell of a beating. I would definately recommend this guitar for live playing. The strap buttons are extremely solid. The finish is textured and never has to be polished, a bonus for the lazy guy like me.

I bought it and I haven't changed anything since. The only flaw which kind of pissed me off is the input for your cable. Once the wire is in you have to tug and tug until it comes popping out. This has caused me to pull of the actual cord not the end resulting in some wrecked cables. That is the only flaw that I can see with the guitar.

I bought this guitar two years ago and I absolotuely love the look of this guitar. It has a super thin body and a nice dark blue finish. The guitar has this extremely nice textured finish that never needs to be polished. The new bridge system is absolutely incredible. The whole system is on ball bearings, so it will never go out of tune due to intenses tremolo work. It has a five way Switch selector although I personnaly have ever wanted to use two spots. The DX also has a locking tuning system! This is partly the main reason I love this guitar. I haven't tuned normally for several months and only once per week I have to fine tune it.