S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Purchased from: official ibanez site

The Ibanez S470DX can be used to suit any playing style, I personally drop mine to C and play metal. But on some days I go back to Standard and dial in a tone and it cranks out clear cleans. I don't get a lot of unnecessary feedback when playing, but when I want some I can get it. Almost any tone you can think of can be made on just the guitar itself.

I play anything from metal to jazz and the s470dxqm is so versatile it matches whatever I feel like playing. I've been playing for around 3 and a half years now and I've also owned an Epiphone les paul and a Squier Strat, and my Ibanez is by far my favorite. If it was stolen I would definitely buy it again (when I had the money that is.) I love everything about this guitar. My favorite feature is probably the ZR trem. It moves like a floyd and produces the same sounds without all of the hassle.

Even though the guitar is so thin, it still feels durable. The finish is thick and scratches do not appear on it. I could easily thrash onstage without a backup or worry about the strap buttons falling off. It just feels so sturdy. Very reliable, and very durable.

Right from the factory the action was perfect, I didn't have to make any adjustments then, and I haven't since. The pickups were at a decent position and all I did was raise the neck pickup for a deeper rhythm sound. The guitar is aesthetically flawless. Finish is beautiful and it fits.

I bought a late 2006 model S470DXQM. 22 frets, 3 pickups (2 humbuckers 1 single coil.) I'm pretty sure it's made out of basswood. It has a flamed top with a very thick and shiny finish. It uses an Ibanez Zero Resistance tremelo. which is basically all the features of a floyd rose. The main difference is that the tension and resistance is distributed individually to each of the strings, so tuning and adjusting is a breeze compared to a floyd rose. There is a volume and tone knob and an extremely durable 5 way pickup selector Switch. It came with a couple of different sized alan wrenches and a tremelo bar. The body is extremely thin and different compared to my les paul.

JadeFalcon5
    if you like this cheack out the s470dxqm same features but it looks miles better
    yeah thats what i have but it didnt say it was a guitar when i submitted my review
    Laslow