S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Purchased from: Robbie's Music City

The guitar's pickups aren't the best in the world, bu they cover the tonal ranges I enjoy to play with. I play through a line6 spider 2 112 and it sounds great, I would like to get new pickups and and amp though. It isnt very noisy if it was I wouldn't have bought it.

I play everything from Pink Floyd to Joe Satriani to Al Di Meola and it can withstand most of that, but once again, the pickups aren't the greatest. I have been playing for four years. I would definetely try to get this guitar back if lost/stolen. I love the locking trem/nut; stays in tune forever I compare it to the JS100 which has better pickups but same kinda feel.

I would and have played this guitar without backup it is great. The Slim body is really comfortable on stage too, but be careful it has the wizard 2 neck some players get cramped from such a thin neck. I put strap locks on right away, but the strap buttons were pretty sturdy before. The finish is awesome it doesn't show any scratches or pick-wear.

The setup was absolutely horrible from the factory, you don't get a feel for the trem like you do once it is setup. The finish is beautiful, I have the blue moon burst and it amazes me as well as the tonal qualities of the wood. The action was great. No flaws. Pickups were matched level-wise.

Gig Bag and I bought a strap and strap-locks right away with it. 22 frets. Quilted maple(beautiful) top. Thinline body. Zero resistence trem. Passive pickups (hsh). volume one tone knob 5 way toggle Switch. the hardware color was a good choice too. locking nut but the tuners look pretty sturdy with out it

jamiepoulton
    I've got one for christmas on the way. cant wait, although i never played one iv only heard good things about it and it seems perfect ofr what i play. i justneed to get used to tuning and stuff on it at first.