S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Purchased from: Robbies music city

not very noisy at all which is half the reason why I bought it, I can't stand noise. I play blues to progressive rock and it handles it pretty well, I swapped those pickups for SD pearly gates and custom custom on the bridge. the maple top is fairly bright but it's a rosewwod fretboard so... I play through a line6 spider 2 112 and it's fine. it's sounds great through marshalls though.

I play everything and this can handle it all. it doesnt't sound like a Strat so your no where near that srv sound with it but it can do everything else jazz, punk, metal, progressive, anything. I've been playing for 5 years. I would definetely by this guitar again. in fact I might and get DiMarzio pickups in it just to see the different sounds I can get. I wish it had a pop in trem arm though like the Floyd Rose but hey, it's not a bad player.

I've played it Live more than once it holds up great. I put strap locks on it right away but the orginals werent bad either. I've used it without and wiht backup and have never needed it(knock on wood). the finsh is very nice and doesnt't show scratches. I love this guitar, bu tibanez uses crap metals to do everything, I've seen Ibanez guitars from the eighties and 60s with crappy corroded hardware and I'm sure it'll prolly be the same story for this guitar in 20 yrs.

The setup at any factory is horrible but this was ok besides the trem not being setup to be used. pickups were where they needed to be. intonation was ok a little off but that's what you get them setup for once you throw strings that you like on. neck is perfect. it sat somewhere for two years before I bought it son the harware around the pickups was oxidized but not rusted. this top is better than any I've seen of the same guitar.

s470dxqm year: 2006 korean. quilted maple top (beautiful). Blue moon burst color. jumbo frets. wizard 2 neck. ZR tremolo system. rosewood fingerboard. Ibanez infs pickups hsh. 5 way selector. mahogany body. no gig bag the guy gave me one. came with a cable and I bought a strap.