S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Price paid: A$ 799

Purchased from: turrumurra music

I play in an Eagles tributee band (yeah I know it's a bit daggy) so I need something that gives me a good range of twangy Strat sounds and can also get a bit angry for some of their rockier stuff. Not much bombing reuired though. I use a SAS36 for the more country stuff but this guitar can do all the sounds I need. I play through a Boss ME70 and a Peavey Bandit and the guitar is versatile and sounds as good as it looks

At the risk of repeating myself, I bought this cause it gave me a good range of sounds from country twang to metal. I wouldn't buy aguitar with any other tremelo now. The ZR is just too easy to live with. I would buy another one, in fact I'm working on my wife to convince her I should buy a S670 (same guitar different finish) for my son for his birthday.

I use it live for our second set with no problems. Like I said we are an eagles tribute so I'm not jumping offthe stacks so strap buttons are fine. I always havea back up. The ZR tremelo is so much easier for string changes. My son has a Xiphos and tuning after string changes is a pain in the ass no matter how you do it. With the ZR I can take all strings off and give it a good clean and its just as easy to tune back up as a fixed bridge.

Set up from the box was perfect. My son uses it for a bit of shredding and its a truly beautiful neck to play. The finish was faultless. The tone know is bit too loose but a spot of glue will fix. Pickups seem fine. I'm not very technical but with my ME70 I can dial up any sound I want.

You know the deal, thin S body, spaltedmaple semi transparent finish. Mine's blue and look s fantastic. I've had it for about 4 months now and I'll confess now that I'm a great fan of Ibanez guitars siince buying my first law suit Les Paul back in the 1970's. Came with 2 free packs of silica gel and a handy cardboard box.