S470DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DX

Price paid: A$ 769

I purchased my s470dxqm about a 2 years ago and was quite satisfied with the stock pickups and the overall sound. It had slightly muddy lows but sang great up high and the mids were phenomenal on the single for the classic blues stuff I play.(been playin for bout 7 years.) I recently modded it with mo joe and paf joe pups and I couldnt be happier. The overtones are clear and the sustain is outstanding. The notes don't clash on the chords and all mud has been removed replaced by tight lows and neverbreaking highs. I was slightly nervous because these pups are made for neutral wood, but the mahogany and maple just balance out great, thanks to thin body. If you are going to mod its definitely worth exploring these dimarzios.

Awesome guitar, great for pretty much all styles, obviously doesn't have the twang of a Fender or chunk of a gibson, but is pretty amazing even those realms of playing. I'd definitly buy it again and replace the pups all the same. Definitely try and go for Ibanez overall, they truly do have incrdible guitars.

My guitar recently fell off the stand and the headstock cracked, (I'm not sad, it adds some personality to the guitar after I got it repaired) I've checked out the wiring (had to replace my pups) and it is very well made inside.

Bridge makes for easy adjustment to suit your exact style of set up. The notes stay very intune throught the fret board.a bit of fret buzz, but with alittle bit of fiddling with the action and shims I got all buzz out. No other flaws I can think of, very well crafed.

All the stuff neccesary for a great guitar. Especially happy with the zr trem. In 2 years I've never strapped a string with even the hardestwammying.