S470DXQM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470DXQM

I play Rock n Roll, Blues, Metal and play alot of Guns N Roses, Slash, Led Zeppelin, John Mayer, SRV and Alter Bridge. I play through my POD XT Live into my Marshall MG15DCR amp. This guitar actually suits all these styles very well. I Expected it to only play rock and metal but its does other styles exceptionally well. Very bright. Using through overdrive is insane. Great tone and a very full sound. This guitar also cleans up very nicely. The single coil sounds very Strat like. With the ultra thin neck this guitar is by far the easiest and best guitar to solo on.

I have been playing for 6 years now and my style will continue to change as I go along. I feel that this guitar will do me good as it is capable of playing the styles I listen to now and other styles which I don't listen much off. Very versatile. I own a Godin Summit CT but sound wise between the two the Ibanez Infinitys are alot more hotter than the Seymour Duncans in the Godin. I wish I had asked if this guitar could have asked if this guitar could take alternate and drop tunings. If it were stolen I would probably get something else or just leave it as it is because I don't really need it but that doesn't mean its not a good guitar because its really the best guitar I have ever soloed on.

I have gigged with it once and everything went perfectly. None of the strings came untuned not did the strap fall off. Very solid strap buttons. The hardware seems a bit rusted (because I bought it second hand) but it seems like it will last for a while. I can definitely depend on this guitar without a backup. The finish looks like it would not wear of very easily.

When I bought it, it had been set up and serviced and the bridge was re saddled. The action is low so its alot easier to press down on the fret board. Everything was fine. One flaw it that the tremelo bar seems to move around alot when its in the slot. It can get annoying but I can deal with it.

I am unsure of when it was made but I know it was made in anytime between 2003-2008. It is Made in Korea. - Body material: Mahogany with Quilted Maple top - Neck joint: AANJ - Bridge: ZR tremolo - Hardware color: Cosmo Black - Pickguard: None Neck - Neck type: Wizard II - Neck material: 3-Piece Maple - Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood - Inlays: 2003-2006: S Waves 2007-2009: Abalone Dots - Frets: 22 / Jumbo Electronics PU Config: HSH - Neck PU: 2003-2004: PSND1 (Powersound 1) 2005-2009: INF1 (Infinity 1) - Mid PU: 2003-2004: PSNDS (Powersound Single) 2005-2009: INFS1 (Infinity Single 1) - Bridge PU: 2003-2004: PSND2 (Powersound 2) 2005-2009: INF2 (Infinity 2) - Controls: 1 Volume / 1 Tone / 5-Way Lever The finish is an absolutely beautiful bright blue burst which looks pretty bada-s. It came with a hardcase valued at $200 and was serviced before I bought it. I really dislike that it only stays in Standard Tuning as I use alternate tunings alot but its still great.

jinsu2301
    This guitar also cleans up very nicely.
    Good, my room is kinda messy. :/
    patatzakman
    MaggaraMarine
    patatzakman wrote: I dont mind having a Ibanez on the front page, what's worse is the 10 on sound. I have a S420 which has the same pickups and the sound is very muddy and can be quite weak. I haven't played this one but I can't imagine the sound being worth a 10.
    And through a crappy starter pack amp.
    milwaukeerocker
    i`m sure it sounds decent, i just never cared for too many Ibanez body-styles. they just look like any other metal-style looking off brand gtrs u see at new/used shops. pointy-rocket shit gtrs. some people dig it though.
    pointnplink
    How come UG uses almost the exact same phrase every time: "If it were stolen I would probably get something else or just leave it as it is". On different guitars...supposedly by different people. Can these reviews be trusted?
    jazzy691
    I have this guitar and the Ibanez pickups are very muddy. I replaced them with some Dimarzios and it rips!
    shreddinater
    First decent Ibanez electric I ever bought and I love the shape and weight of it. I am also a huge fan of the ZR tremelo. I have tried it with and without the internal stopbar (flaoting/non floating) and it stays in tune beautifully. Stock pickups are only 7.5 though.
    krushmore
    Own this guitar...have a seymour duncan screamin demon in bridge and sound killer through my peavey 5150 212 combo! Like playing through mid single coil a lot too and sounds nice.