S520EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S520EX

I myself am a player in the ever-growing genre of hardcore/screamo, so this guitar suits me absolutely perfectly. I run my guitar through a Mesa Dual Rectifier solo head, and am soon getting a Peavey 5150 cab for my head which will put my sound up there with the best. The guitar definately has a pretty good sound on the exception of the Infinity pickups which really don't have a wide tonal range. But despite that lonely minor setback, after raising/lowering the pickups you can really get a great sound out of this guitar. I really also like classic rock and blues and with this guitar I can Switch anytime I want to pretty much any genre I want to.

In my genre of hardcore/screamo this guitar matches me perfectly. I have been playing guitar nonstop for around 3 years. I own a Traynor ygl mark 3 tube combo amp. I have also a mesa dual rectifier solo head. I have an Epiphone SG that I wouldn't trade for my life. a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, a Boss ml2 metalcore pedal and a really old Aria acoustic guitar. I am eternally happy with this guitar. This was a very wise decision on my part and if I had the choice I would buy the same guitar.

This guitar has already seen shows and has tested positive on all levels. The locking nuts however stripped relatively quickly. But other than that the hardware has proven perfect. I replaced the strap buttons with a Dunlop straplok system, being as this is a nice guitar and I would hate to drop it. Overall this is a very very reliable guitar. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

the guitar was very well put together. I haven't even needed to change the action on it at all since I've bought it. The action is setup perfectly. The pickups however needed adjusting. I needed to raise the bridge and the neck pickups. The guitar was put together absolutely perfectly.

This guitar is a god-send for all versatile guitarists. It is a foreign made and quite cheaper alternative to it's amazing counter part the S-Prestige. With 22 jumbo frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, this guitar is built for speed. The extra thin mahogany body with the very sleek shiny black paint job make this guitar stand out very much. Not to mention the amazing idea from Ibanez on the ZR (Zero Resistance) bridge, which fuses the full floating and the double locking tremolo systems together greatly. The tremolo is changeable from double locking to fully floating through the back piece by the tension adjustment. Just pop off the little bar and float on. The Ibanez Infinity humbucker setup gives the guitar a very crunchy sound which drives the essence of every metal guitarist.

Steven036
    I played this guitar today at guitar center.. Its awsome. Love the body, tone, and feel of it.