S520EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S520EX

Purchased from: guitar center

This is and all around awesome metal guitar and it fits my agressive style of play which is derived from Lamb Of God, Slayer and Behemoth. I'm currently using a drive amp but I think my friend Zach's Peavy Bandit would make it soun great. It's noisy on the bridge pickup but on the neck pickup it has a rich bright sound. It can make great harmonics sound (my favorite is on the 4th fret in drop d that makes it sound like an industrial siren).

I play heavy and death metal and this guitar is perfect match. I've been playing for almost a year now and I also own a piece of crap Yamaha. If this guitar was stolen the person Who stole better hope to god that I don't find him. I love everything on this guitar except for the difficulty of tuning it. My favorite feature is the way this baby sounds. I compared it with a RG7 and an Damien FR and Damien 7, but I'm glad that I found this one.

If you ever play live you need this guitar because it look and feels like you could unleash hell upon it and still look and play flawless. The hardware looks like it will last a lifetime and the strap buttons are solid as a rock. If it were me I would be okay going up on stage without a backup with this behemoth of a guitar. This guitar finish as beautiful as it is is also tough as nails it will last a lifetime with the exception of you torching and sanding it.

When you play the guitar you can't help but feel like your king of the world. The pickups were adjusted perfectly and the bridge was routed perfectly. The only problem I had was when I was changing the tuning and it took forever to change it with the bridge system.

Hey Zach looks like my reveiw made it. Well I think this guitar was made in 2006 in Japan. This guitar has 22 jumbo-frets with a wizard 2 thru neck with 2 infinite pickups (nothing compared to an EMG) but still good. It is a solid top guitar with a nice basswood body. Nice almost glossy finish. It has a ZR-zero resistance tremelo which is no Floyd Rose but is nice and smooth in action. The pickups are passive and the tuners are locking.

jimbo09
    wow, can't friggin' wait to go to guitar center to try one of these out! I was reading that thuguys from Between the Buried and Me use/d these, so i figure they're worth a try
    Derugifsid
    I have had this guitar for roughly 3 years. Its great. I switched out the crappy inf's for the emg kfk set and the sound is massive. I play mostly metal and classical style music. I am in love with this guitar except for the fact that i snapped the trem socket. Ive replaced it 3 times and it just keeps snapping. Its made out of garbage metal. If they made it out of something stronger it would be the perfect guitar. Ibanez has terrible customer support. Other then the trem, its a great guitar.
    ShaDoW0lf
    I've had this guitar since Christmas (so, I can't honestly comment on the durability, but so far it's been sweet) And I'm extremely happy with it. INF's have a rep of being not quite as hot as metalheads want, but for the sound I play it's great, and honestly it's hot enough to be passable. Replacing it with EMG's as the above person did might make it even better. For the demographic it's price is aimed at, its a brilliant guitar, definately the best buy of the range.
    hermwrstler
    this guitar is amazing.. i only wish they made the grey one available in the united states
    IbanezLuvah
    For the money, this sucker rocks! The pickups are not the greatest, and I wish it had sharktooth inlays. I love the tremelo. Very hard to throw out of tune. I love mine.
    King_Metal
    I bought mine today for 500 dollars, (4th of july price cut = ')) and ****, I just love it, every single fret of it. I really recommend it if you are thinking of buying one of these, it just take everything I play.