S520EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S520EX

I play metal to blues and some others. The clean is ok but the distortion is killer. I have some crap amp so I use effects, I connet a Boss MD-2 thru a SD1 looped thru a ns2. Makes no noise at all. I also tried it on Marshall amps, I'd say it's killer. The distortion just kills. I would not say this is a really versatile guitar, it sure can play all music, but it especially shines in the genre metal and hard rock.

Yes this is a good match for my music I play I play metal most. I have been playing for 1.5 years and this is my 2nd guitar. My first guitar was some cheap Strat knockoff. If it were stolen or lost I would buy another guitar, because when I get better I do need a guitar in a higher level and price range. But if I was to choose again and went back to the past I would buy this guitar again. I did shitloads of research and at first I bought this kinda doubting it. But after I bought it all I had was happiness. I wouldn't tell stories about killing people to get the guitar back. I just wish it was cheaper, but hey, maybe I'm just cheap.

Reliable. I smahsed it I kicked it but hey it's alive. Strap buttons are rock solid, if they camoflouged it I'd say it belonged to the guitar body itself. The finish is sure to last. I mean I'd trust my life on it. It's not a delicate thing. It's strong and made to last. I could def depend on it. Though it has a tremolo but I would trust playing this without backup, and I have, and it's perfectly fine.

All set up fine. Action is low and good, also really smooth. I got it set up by the shop so duno bout the factory. Pickups and finish and bridge were also perfectly fine. I found no flaws, but if you have to be skeptical there was some dust, but it's all cool. One thing I need to emphasize it that the tremolo rocks. don't listen to people telling how it's cheaply made and crap, I tell you I aint. I look at it and I abuse the f--k out of it it's still fine, and you can even raise the guitar just by holding the tremolo. Uber!

Well basically look at the other peopls for the features. I got it with free bag, tools, and an extra spring. Basically I'll tell you everything is comfortable and under shining light, it looks good. Well I give it a ten compared to guitars this price range. Not saying this beats expensive guitars, but compared to guitars around this price, I say it beats a handful of them.