S5470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S5470

My style is Rock / Metal and this guitar is a great addition to my arsenal. I use this guitar live with both Krank Revolution Plus & a Krank Krankenstein amps and let me tell you this set up is killer! Amazing crunch, warmth and clarity on the HOT Grinder bridge pick up, some may want a little more gain and bite than this pick up offers but it is a great stock pick up. The neck pick up has sweet milky lead tones for shred licks and sweeping.

I have been playing guitar for 12 years and I have been in search of THIS GUITAR the entire time. Now that I have it I want a couple more just like it for back up purposes and well you know, I would like to just sit back and look at them!

Trust me when I say this guitar will withstand live performance and touring. I am not a full on professional YET but I have done my share of out of town gigging as well as numerous local shows without having a back up. I have even recorded a full length metal album with only this guitar, all rhythm and leads tracks by myself with just this guitar, the Ibanez S5470 Prestige. Check out the album: Sever This Illusion - "Unidentified Assassins".

As you can expect from Team J-Craft, the guitar came set-up like a dream, in tune and all. Action was just right and ready to shred as soon as this baby came in the mail. Everything about this guitar is quality and I love it.

This guitar is a 2008 model Ibanez S5470 with a Red Viking finish. This is one of the Newer prestige models built in Japan, by Team J-Craft. Features include: Prestige 24-fret wizard neck, ultra-thin mahogany body, finished in a bright Red that will make your mouth water and hunger for some metal, ZR-2 Tremolo Bridge (this thing is amazing), HOT Grinder and Short Tracer pickups (H/S/H configuration), Gotoh locking tuners, Prestige hard shell case. Now I want to tell you a little more about the tremolo. The ZR-2 matched with the ZPS3 (Zero Point System) is a dream come true! Stays in tune far better than an original Floyd Rose in my opinion. I can dive bomb and vibrato the whammy bar all day and only have to do minor fine tuning. The ZPS3 will keep your guitar in tune even if a string breaks! I kid you not, this is amazing for playing live shows because you don't want to stop in the middle of a song because your guitar comes way out of tune from a broken string, the ZR-2 ZPS3 stays in tune!