S570B review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Ibanez: S570B

This guitar suits my style of music perfectly, I play rock, some metal, blues and jazz and many classic rock tunes. This guitar is very versatile and can handle anything thrown at it. I play through a Peavey Express 112S with a DigiTech RP500 and I can get just about any sound I want out of it. The pickups are lacking a bit though and I plan on replacing the humbuckers with a Moe-Joe and a PAF-Joe to get the sound I'm after. There is very little noise when using either bucker, the single coil on the other hand does make a noticable amount of fuzz. Overall a very decent sound out of the box, could use a little more umph in the pickup department.

Like i said before it matches my style of music perfectly and looks darn good in my collection! I have been playing for about 18yrs and this is one of the nicest looking guitars I've ever owned. I also own a couple Strats and an '97 RG470. This guitar would be perfect if it had the flawless neck of my RG. I'm really just bummed about the quality of the neck/fretwork. I paid less for my RG new and the neck is just perfect compared to this thing. I plan on having the frets fixed and replacing the pickups with those mentioned above and this thing will be exactly what I wanted. I will never buy another Indonesian Ibanez though, you really take a chance when ordering one of these. Also I have been toying with the ZPS since I got it and I am going to remove it. I don't like that you can feel the system engage/disengage when raising the whammy bar. Overall this is a beautiful guitar that just needs a little fretwork to play nicely. Ibanez needs to step up the quality control for the construction and finishing of the neck/fretwork, And they should consider including manuals that are relavant to the product purchased.

I would take this guitar gigging no questions asked. I would bring a spare though. The hardware seems tough and should last the lifetime of the instrument. Strap buttons are solid also. The finish looks like it is going to last a long time.. All this I will know better with time, I have had the guitar for about 11 hours.

The guitar was setup fairly well, needed a slight intonation adjustment. I also lowered the single coil so I don't hit it when picking. It took me just a few minutes to get it into tune and setup the ZPS properly. Now for the bad stuff... The fretwork is not very good although they are aligned well the frets are very very rough. The frets also hang off of the bottom side of the fretboad and are very sharp, they catch on your skin and tear it up a little. The fretboard and strings were covered in some layer of sticky glue-like chemical and had to be cleaned thoroughly. I found one blemish in the paint Right above the tremelo on the edge of the cavity, there is white showing through the red in about an inch long area, very hard to notice. Also there was a spot of dried glue on the fretboard and one by the fine tunes on the trem that had to be chipped off carefully. And finally the finish on the back of the neck has some rough spots.

This guitar was made in 2010 in Indonesia. It has the Wizard II neck with 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard, solid top, and a Red finish with black hardware. Its the Classic Ibanez S body style. It has the double locking ZR trem with the ZPS system. Pickups are INF1,INFS1,INF2 HSH configuration with 1 volume and 1 tone control. Included a cable, hex wrenches and an instruction manual that has absolutely nothing to do with this guitar.