S570B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S570B

Price paid: C$ 560

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Despite the reviews about the pickups, I've had no issues with the sound being too muddy with the neck. The pickups sound good. I can get some great distorted metal and hard rock sounds. The single coil is a bit unnecessary for me...should have put in a coil tap instead. There is a tremendous amount of fret buzz with the low E string. The action is set a tad too low, but if you buy it from a guitar shop...you should get a free setup with the guitar. I bought this guitar because I wanted a guitar that could handle progressive music, metal, and hard rock. This guitar suits those styles perfectly. There is nothing to complain about except for the fret buzz.

I play prog rock, metal, and hard rock. This guitar suits me perfectly. I've been playing for 13 years. I own a Mesa Boogie Blue Angel head and a Randall 4x12 cab. I use a Boss GT-10. If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn't buy this again and go for something different. Not because I don't like this guitar but because I want a Paul Reed Smith single cutaway. I love the finish and the floating bridge. I don't like the fact that it is a bitch to get used to for palm muting. My favourite feature is the floating bridge. I wish it had an H-H config with a coil tap and a maple fretboard for a more punchy sound.

Seems like solid guitar. The tremolo system seems rock solid. The hardware in general seems very solid and durable. Strap buttons are rock solid. I never gig without a back up because shit can go wrong despite having the greatest guitar in the world, but this guitar seems solid enough the get by a gig. The finish is nice and scratch resistant so far.

Action was set too low. Too much fret buzz with low E string. There was a slight finish flaw with where the input jack is located. It seems they had a hard time painting it. Electronics and hardware are fine. Feels nice....balanced nicely. I have a hard time palm muting for some reason.

This guitar was made in 2010. It sports a 3 piece maple wizard 3 neck...H-S-H configuration with infinity pickups, a mahogany body and a Zero Point tremolo system. I chose the alpine white finish. Has a rosewood fingerboard. Has master volume and tone knob, 5 way selector, 24 frets, squiggly fret inlays. Has regular tuners.

BlackKarli
    This guitar is the Best in its price range. It has a fantastic neck (wizard 2) for a good slighting. The Ibanez 570 has a Floyedrose- system, which make the tuning very very easy. One negative point are the cheap pickups (i would change them to some betters. The guitar got the newest technology, so it is much more light than other guitars. I think a great guitar for beginners as well as for advanced (Im sorry for my bad english ;D)
    nitarsh
    Not that Hermann Li is a proper guitarist, but still u prefers the S models over several prestige models. that should tell ya something.
    chrishoulton
    I'd highly reccomend to people NOT to buy this guitar! I bought it a year ago and i've used it about 5 times because of the shocking sound quality! Would definately never use it for a gig! The body is wayyy too thin and even when i swapped the pickups for EMG's it still sounded horrible. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUITAR!
    jamicmac5
    the ZPS does literally f**k all. It doesn't totally kill flutters, but nearly (depending how you set up the bridge) and it makes bends much harder, and overall makes the guitar feel nothing like as nice. @chrishoulton, no idea what you're on about, it sounds fine if you put some nice pickups in, maybe you got a bad one? or have bad strings?