S570B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S570B

I play just about every style of music, being mainly in the metal genre. Just now I am running my guitar through my Zoom G2.1U straight in to my Crate GLX1200H. Just now after some time I have configured with the tones on the pedal and very much love my tone. I always configured the gate well with the compressor for tight stopping and long sustain so no more hum or feedback! Again, the pickups are a letdown. I feel I would have so much more punch if I had the right pickups but just now, I have been dealing with it! I can't really say much because of the way my set up it (hum and such) but I have plugged it in to an amp alone and it wasn't that good unless I packed the gain to just about full, letting horrible feedback and hum through. I'm going to give this a 7 purely because Ibanez need to get rid of INF's!

In the genre I play (Progressive Metal), it has been serving me very well. I have been playing guitar for 4 years now and I would definitely recommend Ibanez to any guitarist or anyone wanting to learn guitar. The only problem (AGAIN), are the pickups. Every other detail of the guitar is very well done but when you are buying one, make sure you buy pickups to replace those terrible INF's! If the guitar were stolen or I mistakenly threw it in to a crowd while playing a gig, I wouldn't buy this guitar again, mainly because of the tunning I play in, but I would definitely buy another Ibanez.

YouTube preview picture

This guitar was served me well this past year and has withstood gigging easily! Soon I am planning on having it my backup guitar purely because of the intonation and that fact I need one. The way I have recently been playing in my practicing is Dillinger Escape Plan style and has withstood the crazyness of my playing (as well as my strap!) The finish on the guitar is yet to be worn away just the littlest bit and my guitar has never broken in the slightest before. The only thing really is the bridge. You are limited to what you can do with locking tremolo's but luckily I usually only stick to one tunning! But I am able to pull the 6th up a step to put it in B standard or pull it down to F#. I will be giving this a 10!

I bought this guitar second hand and the previous owner knew what he was doing! I was sure he was yellow Ernie Ball strings on the guitar and it was perfectly intonated! The bridge action was also level and spot on. Unfortunately because of the strings I have on it now and the tunning I have put the guitar to, I have to pull back each individual slot to better intonate the guitar and only having problems with the 2nd string but I am aiming to buy a 26.5 scale guitar soon! The was no flaws on the guitar at all apart from the tremolo arm on the bridge being destroyed? But apart from that, it was a perfect buy for me!

The Ibanez S570B: - 3pc Wizard II Maple Neck - Mahogany Body - Jumbo Frets - ZR Bridge w/ZPS2 - INF 1 and 2 Pups I have had this guitar for about a year now and when I bought it, it was in very good condition. The bridge action was perfect as well as intonation. The previous owner knew what he was doing. Unfortunately, the tremolo arm just happened to be broken off but after research I did notice this was a common problem for the ZR bridge. The guitar is a 25.5 scale, jumbo fret (as most guitars are) with a nice mahogany body and maple neck. The only unfortunate thing (apart from the tremolo arm being broken) are the pickups, with just about every Ibanez guitars. The don't bring out enough tone and really don't pack a good punch for me. Soon I hope to buy Bareknuckle Aftermaths or Painkillers. Just now I have the guitar in Drop A with 68 D'Addario's and is serving me well. The only problem is the 2nd string intonation but what do you expect? It's a 25.5 scale!