S670PB review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S670PB

I play loads of different styles from classic rock to progressive metal to folk/accoustic and this guitar plays all styles easily. I'm currently using it with a crappy 10 watt amp (which I shall soon replace with a marshalkl or an Orange) and despite the amp being 2 years old and on it's dying legs it still comes out sounding insane. I get some noise when on the neck pu and when playing clean on the bridge pu. But that isn't the fault of the guitar, sa I said - the amp sucks. The bridge pu has a really bright sounds which is insane for shred when the distortion is turned up. The middle pu sounds kinda like a strats single coils and I mostly use it for classic rock (it does it's job well. The neck pu really gives an amazing, fat sounds when I use a clean setting on my effects pedal (Zoom G1X) which is perfect for blues and classical type songs. As I've mentioned the number of sounds this guitar can make with just a crappy amp and a pedal is amazing - I don't think I'll need another guitar for a while.

This guitar is perfect for all styles that I'd be likely to play. In the past I've also owned a bc rich sob which was kinda lame and this pwns any other guitar I've played - even some les pauls and strats. If it were stolen I'd hunt down those responsible, kill them and either take it back off them or buy another one.

I haven't gigged with this guitar but I would play it without a backup, mostly cause my backup wud be my lame bc rich SOB but also cause the strap buttons seem very solid and the harware all seems like it'll last. The finish is sorta non existent. It's just the poplar timber and it seems like it's not gonna wear down. My only concern is the size of the strap buttons which are a little small but that's no biggy since I'm not gonne be spinning it round my neck or anything.

From the factory the guitar was setup fairly nicely. I haven't had it for long so I haven't found any flaws, my only complaint is the action was a little off so I got some fret buzz. But this was easily fixed and now it's fine. The pickups were also great right out of the store. Except for the single coil which was a little high for my liking as my picking style meant it was getting in the way a bit so I had to lower it a bit.

-Not sure what year. Made in Indonesia -22 Jumbo Frets, Wizard II maple neck -Solid Mahogany with Poplar Burl top -Timber finish -Strat type shape -Ibanez ZR trem -Infinity 1 Neck pu, Infinity Single middle pu, Infinity 2 bridge pu -1 volume 1 tone 5 way selector Switch -no case, had to buy seperately Very nice features - the neck is very fast and the zr trem is possibly the coolest feature. Not to mention the wood finish looks and feels great.

Lt.DustyBanana
    ratlr wrote: love the trem. how does it rate against a floyd rose
    Not quite as good as an ORF but damn close.
    Quam Celerrime
    am I the only one who's tired of "I'd gig this without a backup even though I haven't before" and "if it were stolen I'd hunt those responsible down and (kill/maim/kill them and their family) them" or what?
    enselmis
    RenKaiya
    enselmis wrote: oh yeah! totally pissed off at those, come up with something original already. Badass guitar, i have a 620.
    I'm not sure originality is what he's getting at..
    sammo_boi
    not the best review definitely. it doesnt matter how good your guitar is your amp will still be crap. and you can't complain about a single coil being too high. try and tell us something useful, reviews are meant to convince people to buy it.
    SamTotman
    sammo_boi wrote: reviews are meant to convince people to buy it.
    Not unless he's a representative of Ibanez or something. Review are supposed to be honest and as balanced as possible.