S670PB review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S670PB

Purchased from: Ebay

I play mostly shred, metal, prog metal, classic rock, and a little blues. This guitar is able to handle all of these styles and possibly more! I'm playing through a Peavey Vypyr 75 which captures the sound very well. The pickups, however, are not very clear. The neck pickup, the INF1, is quite muddy and doesn't capture chords very well. The middle pickup, INFS1, picked up hum at even low levels. I immediately replaced it for a DiMarzio Chopper which was a good replacement for me. The Bridge pickup, INF2, was the token pickup though. It has great clarity and provides me with no problems whatsoever.

This guitar is my current dream guitar. And I am living the dream. I've been playing for about 3 years and this guitar has helped me grow. If it were stolen/lost then I would DEFINITELY get another one. This guitar was a great addition to my musical family. The ONLY thing that I might add in the future would be upgraded pickups plus a coil tap. Anything I throw at this guitar, it will turn around and knock me out of my seat with how beautifully it plays. But seriously, you will want a pickup change before you play this guitar for real. This guitar is a very very VERY versatile, beautiful, and inspirational guitar. I could not live without it.

This guitar has withstood many gigs. It has given me no problem live but I wouldn't take a chance with ANY guitar without a backup. The strap buttons seem very sturdy and can take a good run around the stage. With it having a clear finish no one will really tell that the finish is wearing, if it does. But this guitar has not wore. It has kept its clear coat ever since I got it.

The only thing I had to do for this guitar was adjust the intonation. That's it. The previous owner must've been good to it because it is very well set-up. Some of the chrome hardware was a little dirty but it was nothing a little polishing couldn't take care of. Really, nothing was wrong with this guitar. Just a great all around guitar.

The Ibanez S670 is a very excellent choice of guitar. I bought this guitar on impulse since I am a HUGE Joe Satriani fan and am aware of his endorsement of the S (sabre) series. This guitar was regularly priced new at $800. I got it for a steal at $475. And I must say, this was a fantastic deal! The trem is very reliable and stays in tune all the time. The mahogany body gives off a warm tone that's full of sustain. The stock pickups were....okay. I've since swapped them out which I'll mention later on. But this was a great impulse buy which I am very proud of.

bokma
    I'm not a huge S series fan... but wow... This is one gorgeous guitar.
    nailsarecruel
    whaip
    lorenzo_ wrote: kickass guitar!!! ive had mine for 9 months now and havent had any major problems. the only complaints i have is that the neck humbucker is always going loose (really annoying)and the ZR piece in the bridge gets stuck to the felt lining in the back (have a look youll understand) which makes an undesireable clunk sound THIS GUITAR PWNS!!!!
    Take the zero system out. It's totally unnecessary.
    TheBlackening91
    nailsarecruel wrote: Quam Celerrime wrote: am I the only one who's tired of "I'd gig this without a backup even though I haven't before" and "if it were stolen I'd hunt those responsible down and (kill/maim/kill them and their family) them" or what? I could understand the bravado about performing without a backup, but I hear you on the lost or stolen bit. It ranks up there with the perfect 10 reviews.
    When you go to write a review it has suggestions on what to write to keep the reivew informative, such as price and where you bought it from. Further down it also asks if you were to lose the guitar would you buy another one, and would you play live without a backup. It's just part of the review, not the reviewer being retarded, why don't you try contributing to the site for once instead of flaming other people's reviews?
    barden1069
    I like those rounded horns and the binding/natural finish, but something about this guitar makes me dislike it's aesthetics overall
    RX120D
    I've had this guitar for over a year now. I'm a big EMG fan so I put an 81-85 combo in and this guitar just exploded. Judging by the prices people are saying they got it for in these reviews, I might have paid way too much for it. But now, knowing the awesomeness that is this guitar, it was worth it. The trem is unbelievable by the way. I have a Floyd in my Dean and I hate it compared to this one.