S7320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S7320

This, for me is my favourite guitar as ultimatly it is incredibly versitile, I've played Rock, Jazz, Blues, Funk, Metal, Ska, Pop and many more with this baby, even with a thin body and passive pickups it packs a punch but also great for melodic playing. For all you insane metalheads out there that just wanna rip up that B string then yes this thing roars, but you wont need as much distortion with this guitar. Sometimes sustain can be about average length compared to a mahogany or a heavyer sounding guitar but the pickups suck up as much sound as possible so this isnt a problem. I can't decide whether this was built for lead or rhythm but I'm going to say both, its brighter than it is warmer and i personally love the way it resonates and (when in high gain) that feeback you get after holding a note melts my ears.

Yes, I do like Munky, Petrucci and Vai but No, I didn't buy it because of them, I had this guitar at first so I could keep my other guitar in Drop D and play this in Standard, as well as use the B string to play songs in Baritone making it a two-in-one tuning, now its become my main guitar because ive learnt to play alot more styles better and the Ibanez S7320 does it for me. Its not for spoilt 13 year old kids playing Nirvana and ACDC, its good for intermediate players Who need to ditch their cheap copies of guitars and need something more professional, or if you just want a good Ibanez/Super Strat. If you want this for the 7th string to purely be brutally heavy then you should realise that 7 strings werent made for that, but tuning the 7th to A (making it drop A) is a fun tuning. Overall a very cool guitar.

I don't need to say much in this part, basically unless your really unlucky this will last you many gigs and hours of playing, I take care of my gear so I can't really say a story of how it survived a furious Dead Kennedys and The Exploited tribute gig, but it should.

Shiny, Black, very sleak and generally well prepared, no scratches on the chrome or anything to complain about, I only had to tune it when it came (as with all guitars, duh) and has been fine ever since, if your not familiar with replacing strings with a tremolo you should find a decent youtube video that will tell you how.

It was made in Indonesia, I'm asuming it was made in this decade but im not sure when exactly, From lifting it definatly feels like maple and its just like Brand New even though its suffered a few bumps, yes it does have a shallow body but its thicker around the middle (where the pick-ups are) and its very comfy, the neck is really thin (with 22 jumbo frets) the frets can turn around and bite you when playing certain riffs as this is a wide neck given its a 7 string but dont be lazy and stretch your fingers, the tremolo is not an original Floyd Rose but rather Ibanez's own style; at first I didn't like this but you get used it and begin to prefer it, very simple electronics, the pick-up selector is 5 way so either side of the middle point(not on the far ends just next to the middle) is where it goes into single coil mode, nice, Pickups are passive too.

new_age_reject
    Chrom2245 wrote: isnt the body really shallow? as in, is the body really small width wise? id love to buy one of these, im just afraid one bad drop and the guitar cracks in half. but i hope they dont discontinue this model. no guitar center in around my place doesnt carry this guitar anymore
    At it's thinnest point I don't think it's much shallower than a strat but at the bottom of the body it's surprisingly fat.
    GuitarOverture
    I'm interested in getting a 7-string guitar, but i don't know if i should get the Ibanez S7230, or the Ibanez RG1527, or the schecter hellraiser c-7? Can anybody help me?
    teo_huat
    i've heard that earlier model were made in japan and newer are made in indonesia.. is this true? if so does the price drop??