S7320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S7320

Price paid: A$ 1600

Purchased from: Dream Music

I mainly play progressive metal which means I need a lot of clarity, the pickups are okay clean but putting some overdrive/distortion on makes them somewhat muddy which is why I'm probably gonna upgrade to some bareknuckles or something. The pickups sound great for jazz and lower gain styles and are surprisingly versatile. No weird buzzing or anything from the pickups which is awesome.

I play mainly progressive metal and more modern death metal etc. with some blues and jazz included. I own several other guitars, Schecters being my fave to play and this one was different in the way the neck is shaped, at first I disliked the real thin neck, it still doesn't really suit me but most other people prefer them. If it were lost or stolen I think I'd probably buy the S7420 or save up a bit more and buy a higher quality. I really like how light it is but I'm not really a fan of the pickups and as stated before I will probably upgrade soon. Overall I think its a great guitar for the price but would recommend saving up for a higher quality guitar (possibly prestige Ibanez)

It does withstand live playing, stays perfectly in tune, I have dropped it a few times and nothing happened, its a solid guitar. I changed the strap buttons to Dunlop straplocks, because I change guitars often but I only have one strap with the locking system on it. Apparently there are reports of the ZR7 tremolo being made out of bad metals which corrode easily, I haven't had any problems so far and I've had it for about 18 months now.

Straight out it was pretty good but needed some tweaking to suit my style more I guess. Everything was fine, no finish flaws, no cracks, no corrosion. Everything had been routed properly. The one thing that bugged me, and sort of still does is the plastic cover which covers the electronics, it isnt fitted to the curved body, its just a flat piece of plastic over the top which makes it look a bit ugly. Also I wish they hadn't put a black piece of plastic where the pickup Switch is, its really bulky and looks out of place on this streamlined, thin, guitar.

Indonesian made in 2008, 7 strings, 22 fret, mahogany body, maple bolt on neck, rosewood fingerboard, Ibanez stock passive pickups, Ibanez ZR7 tremolo, I've got the high gloss white one which I believe was a limited run. Beautiful thin body. 5 way Switch 1 tone 1 volume, locking nut. Main downside of this is the 22 frets and the dodgy Ibanez pickups. Otherwise brilliant features.