SA120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA120

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: Just Music

I play a lot of metal, from Korn, to Slayer, Pantera, Coal Chamber, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Disturbed, and also less heavy stuff like Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave... All I say is, this guitar suits EVERYTHING. I use it with a 3203 Artist Marshall and the dirty sound is smashing. A lot of distorsion, even though, not enough for a madman like me. The clean setting is beautiful. Nothing much else to say about this.

I've been playing metal and hard rock for little over a year now, and I own this guitar since my birthday, seven months ago. I'm in love with it. This guitar could very well be used for a record. My favorite feature is it's awesome distorsion, I don't use any pedal - though I'd like to get a DigiTech Deadth Metal Distorsion pedal - and the sound is fairly enough for a deep, grinding sound. If it were stolen or destroyed, I'd definitely get another one. I'm gonna equip it with a Blackbox to tune the strings more easily, though. I just love it.

The guitar feels great for live playing. Everything in it feels like it was built to last. I'm not very careful with it so sometimes it gets a little hit, but I soon forget where because you just don't NOTICE any wear. The finish feels indestructible, I'd have to cut it with a knife to wear it down. It's still frustrating that it gets dirty that easily, though.

The guitar was set up at the factory with great strings. Not thick enough to tune down any lower than drop C#, though. The guitar hadn't any major flaws, except that the strings were too high above the neck. That wasn't too hard to fix. The finish is shiny black and looks great, despite the fact that it easily gets dirty and I feel like constantly cleaning my instrument. Overall, it's very good.

Built in Korea, this guitar has 22 frets, two humbuckers (I don't know what make they are), a mahagony body, a 5-way-selector, and an incredible tremolo that keeps the strings in tune at all times. Volume and tone knobs. Sooo simple, but it works.

BobChicken
    thats a lie
    EpiExplorer
    BobChicken wrote: lem_ian wrote: BigDwii wrote: I'm into metal. i am somewhat of a beginner but more of an intermediate . i already own a guitar that is cheaper then this and i was thinking of this as my second guitar. i want a guitar that will do pinch harmonics on every fret and have no buzz. Should i invest into this? You can't have harmonics on every fret lol. thats a lie
    Totally. You ever seen Andy Mckee?
    mysticguitar77
    They are called artificial harmonics and they can be performed on every fret.