SA120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA120

Purchased from: Strings and Things

I use a lot of different types of techniques from finger picking to soloing to chords, and this guitar can handle them all with ease. Even though finger picking might not sound the best through an electric compared to an acoustic I feel that it does well. I feel it works best on distortion I bought it mainly for soloing and it works great. It has a good krisp sound maybe not the richest sound but for the price I think it does well.

I play a variety of styles from Indie to rock to some light metal and everything in between and this guitar can rock almost all of my playing. I've been playing guitar for almost five years now and have played quite a few different types of guitars Jacksons, Epiphones, Fenders, Ovations and other Ibanez too, and love this one the most. I f something happened to this guitar I would replace it in a heartbeat. I love how easy the neck is to play and the double humbucker pickups and the feeling of it. I don't really have anything I hate about this guitar. I was comparing this guitar to a few Ibanez arts and arcs, and in the end I liked this one the most for my playing style and that I wanted it for.

I haven't gone on stage with this guitar yet, but I have taken it places and it hasn't given me any troubles. The hardware seems to be good although I have to replace the strings more than usual, I feel. The strap buttons are sturdy and have never given out on me yet. I would definately go on a gig with it without a back up guitar. I play this guitar at least an hour almost everyday.

The set-up straight from the factory was fit for me, the action was perfect for my needs and the pickups have adjusted well to my playing style. Nothing was out of place or loose or wrong with it which I'm glad about. I feel that the action is great the fit was perfect for me and the finish wasn't too bad.

A wizard neck with 24 frets great for soloing and pretty comfortable. I'm not sure what kind of wood the body is made out o but the neck is mahogany. Strat style with a tune-o-matic bridge with a volume knob and two tone knobs with a 5 way switch. The tuners are generic nothing special. I had to buy the case separately. Overall I'm pretty happy with the features I tried quite a few Ibanez guitars and this one was the best feel and fit by far for me.

Tom_Kaduk
    Sorry for noob review, I was just starting out when I wrote it... It's actually an excellent beginner guitar, but by no means a professionnal quality instrument.
    ScottM94
    I am into mostly rock and metal and many other different genres of music and i need a guitar capable of covering many different types of music aswell as being strong and durable. Also is this a good guitar for lead and rythm? Any comments would be much appreciated thanks.
    Borhan801
    i just bought a used one & my God its really is a versatile guitar which can adopt any tone you want(i m slightly advance beginner ).i have use sx les paul before but now this guitar is changing my confidence on playing more speedy solo & really go for any type metal to hard rock song .if you really want a guitar which has possible the best wood in this budget range then go for it .its neck is much smoother & better than eve esp mh 50 (i have played both)its neck is so comfortable & fast that you just love to hold onto it & spend time like hours after hours in learning .its has really owsome cleane tone .I would say really clean distortion which make this guitar different
    GrimR22
    I have the opportunity to get one of theses secondhand. The 2006 model and the guys wants R2000 for it (about $195) do you think it's worth that much,considering it's 8years old and secondhand? Would really appreciate some advice or help. This would be my first electric guitar and I don't really want to be ripped off. Many Thanks in advance!!