SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: Sofia Filibe

I play punk, ska and typical rock and the versatility of this instrument has played a great job for me. Even blues sounds amazing. Btw, playing on this guitar is very easy, guitars like these make me even more excited about playing. The sound of the humbucker is great, the single coils are ok. My only complain is about the little annoying sound of the neck single coil pickup when I put a little more gain on the distortion.

As I mentioned I play mostly punk and ska and this Ibanez is more than great. I used to play on a thrashy Squier Strat and the difference b/n the two guitars is more than obvious. If it were stolen, I would sell my Marshall amp and I'd take a new Ibanez. The same model. Yeah, and I'd shoot the bastard myself.

I've had 2 gigs with it and the guitar was more than stable. I feel free to gig with it much more. I've had it for about 5-6 months and I know I can depend on it.

The guitar was set-up perfect, everything was ok. No flaws.

This instrument is probably made in 2001 somewhere in Asia. It has a SA neck with 22 Medium frets. The body is from mahogany with beautiful quilted maple top, Rosewood Finger Board and SAT30 bridge. The shape of the guitar is an agressive mix of Strat and typical Ibanez rock guitar. Pickup configuration is H/S/S.