SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

I've played a lot of guitars in my time but can comfortly say: This guitar is probably one of the best guitars you get for 650$! And don't mistake me for one of those newbies that loves their new 100$ Squire with question. This guitar is not far from the sound of a Gibson. Only in the extreme solos in 22th fret you'll hear the guitar produce a sound that isn't satisfying. I use this guitar with a Zoom3000 and a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100W with the standart 1960a cabinet.

I play everything from beatiful acoustical to the hardest rock of Metallica (especially those bitchin solos!). It provides me everything you can ask for its price (again: its only a PRS when it comes to the looks)...

Just once I've had a problem with this guitar. After resting my palm too much on one of the screws it loosened so the pickup sunk into the guitar. I tightened the screw and all was perfect again. This happended after about 1 year. I've never had second thoughts on playing this thing live without backup.

This was 100% perfect from the factory. Even the string were perfectly cut off leaving the guitar stunning.

I won't mind babeling about that shit like controls, finish and number of frets... you can read this by the manufactorer or decide for yourself (why should I tell you what I think about the looks?). Worth knowing about this guitar is that it keeps tuning perfectly and that the 5-way selector have very different sounds (this makes the guitar quite versatile).