SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: Music123.com

I play mostly heavy metal style like Metallica stuff, and this guitar handles it with ease. It is by far the best guitar I've ever played, and it give you that rich sound with the neck pickup, and the heavy crunch with the bridge pickup. It doen't have much feedback at all, I usually play volume and tone maxed with a Marshall MG30DFX to get the best sound out of it. I usually only mess with the amp settings, and leave the guitar settings alone.

My friend has played this guitar a few times, he plays punk-ska to blues, and it sounds better than his guitar,(I think he has an Epiphone). I've been playing for about a year now, and this is my third guitar. My other two were a Squier by Fender, and a Gianini Acoustic. Like I said earlier, I play a Marshall 30 whatt amp through Black Cat wah pedal and DigiTech Metal Master Distortion. This thing is perfect for almost any style of music. If this was stolen, I'd kill the guy and take it back, but if I couldn't find him, I'd buy a new one within the day.

This guitar could go through hell and back still hitting pinch harmonics with ease. I've dropped it a few times while changing strings, it has one dent, but you can't see it because it's right in back corner next to the strap button. I'd play it without a backup. It never gave me any feedback or anything, and nothing has fallen apart on it yet. I don't expect anything to for a LONG time.

This thing was pretty much perfect straight out of the box. It's my first Ibanez, and I was amazed that it was perfectly tuned and everything right out of the box. Sat there and played for an hour without touching the tuners. It holds tune pretty good once the strings are broken in, I have mine set up so I can go to dropped-D without unlocking the top. I've had it for about 4 months now, and NOTHING has broken, at all. The only things I changed were lowering the single coil because it sometimes got in the way of palm muting, and lowering the bridge a little so the strings were closer to the neck.

Made in Japan, It has 24 jumbo frets and solid top. 2 knobs (volume and tone control), 5 way pickup selector, H-V7/S-1/H-V8 all from Ibanez, and passive electronics. The neck wood is maple and the fretboard is made of rosewood. Black Pearl, Strat body and an Ibanez Lo-TRS Floyd Rose Liscensed bridge.