SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: Soundcontrol

As i said it's a really versatile guitar. It's not 100% in any single area but rather 80% in all of them which is even better cos it can be used for anything. I just jump around with this guitar all day. My only slight complaint is that it lacks bite when you bend but apart from that it's great.

Overall I love this guitar but that could be because it was my first. Seriously if you want a guitar to take live cos you don't want to take your Jackson this is a good guitar. It's durable and will play anything! I mean I play anything from Gary Moore to Offspring and it can handle that pretty well. Great Guitar!

Good guitar still plays well but I'd use it as a backup to my Epiphone as opposed to my first choice but then it would depend what I was playing.

The finish is great and hardly ever needs polishing. My sister completely f--ked my bridge and I had to get it repaired and lowered the action when I did and now it's alot easier. In a way it's not very durable I mean the plastic tip of the pickup Switch has come off and my volume knob keeps falling off if I'm not careful but it doesn't affect the sound so I don't really care I mean if it's not on max it's not worth playing! For a starter guitar it's perfect!

It's a 2000 year make and has Ibanez standard pickups in a HSS setup. The Humbucker is great for playing with grit and the singles are superb for light blues. It's solid Alder and is black. The only complaint I can possibly have is that playing past the 17th fret is a bitch. I mean I have big hands and I struggle to reach it's just the way the neck seems to jut a little bit.