SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: McFadyen Music

Oh man this thing it great for metal. I set it to the bridge humbucker with the tone all the way down. Plug in my DigiTech Metal Master Distortion pedal and rock out! No fret buzz what so ever. And to get a crisp, clean, almost acoustic sound, Switch to the neck and middle single coils and turn the tone all the way up. Throw in a chorus pedal, I use a digitech multi-voice, and its perfect. The thing is great for solos. Use a distortion pedal and a wah pedal at the bridge humbucker and the tone all the way up, you'll made Zakk Wylde jelious.

I play metal and this guitar is perfect for it. I've been playing for about two and a half years. I also have a Ibanez V50 acoustic guitar. I love everything about this guitar and I even compared it to a Gibson Les Paul and the Ibanez won. Defentally get this guitar.

Oh man oh man. This thing can take a betting and them some. My guitar strap has come undone and it bounced off concrete. Not a scratch and it didn't even go out of tune. The only reason it fell was because of my strap, not the strap buttons. So I got a new strap and haven't had any problems with it. I even swung it around my body and it didn't unhook. Defentally can depend on it, don't need a back up. The finish looks great and will last.

It had a nice low action. The pick ups were set a little higher the the guitars body which, in my oppion, is perfect. And there wasn't a thing wrong with it. It was perfect!

it was made in 2004. its only 3 months old. I actually bought it right after it was shipped from the factory. 22 killer medium frets on a 25. 5 scale neck. It's got a quilted maple top which give it a warm but crisp tone. Body is made of mahogany and the neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. I got mine in the transparent grey finish and man it look great. The bridge is string-thru with saddles. It's a floating bridge with a wammy bar. It has passive pickups in it that rock! 1 volume, 1 tone, and 5-way switcher. It has Ibz pickups in it. Two single coils, one at the neck and the middle, and a humbucker at the bridge. It's a great guitar and very playable.