SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: rounte 60 music

This guitar is used as a more up beat music style such as classic or more modern rock it has the potential, if put with the right equipment to have bluesy sound. The style I use it on more than most would be rock but I have a les paul I play the rich blues sound from. After a while of playing this instrument I found that there was a sorta humm from the pickup. I believe it comes from the chord jack.

I pay rock and blues two of the most demanding and I am very particular about my instruments. The match is good for a backup. I have benn playing for years. I wish I would have asked about the bridge it is a big disappointment. I would probabally buy a different guitar if had the chance beacause it is ok but I want better from my instuments. There are severally average guiatrs out there but to find a good one that is playable for hours you need a Gibson or a Gretch.

Any guiatar can be played live that would be player preference, but I have plkayed this one live and it did its job well and the tone was good over a Marshall Half Stack. The hard ware as I preveously stated seemed to be rusting or oxizing after a while of play I am very good though about cleaning my guitar and was very un happy beacuse I was the one who was seeing the flaws in my guitar after a while. I cahnged the starp buttons to the lacking strap buttons because the guitar kept coming loose but it is light and easy to catch hold of. I would not use this guiatr with out a backup beaces of the flyod rose this causes the guiatr to go out of tune way to easy. The finsih has lasted me this long I believe it will last.

The factory set up from Ibanez was ok I was not really impressed with everything. It was more of an eye candy type. The action was perfect for an electric guitar no complaints. The single coilds were set a bit higher this caused a bit of a hum that I was displeased with while playing. The top was nice it was very beautiful you could hardly argue with the look that maple gives you. No flaws were dectected on the guitar but after a while the bolts on the bride seemed to rust or oxidize even when it was cased after play.

The guitar is a 2002-2003 manufacture, with 22 frets it has a thin neck it has a maple top with mahogany back and sides. The style is a Start or traditional Ibanez style. It came equpited with a floyd rose bridge this I thought didn't work well with the guitar beacuse it would go out of tune very easy if used. The pickups are Ibanez with a single humbucker and two single coils. It has one volum and one tone control with a five way Switch making the mix a bit better. The tuners are standard non-locking they stay in tune pretty well no complaints about that.