SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: Allans Music

My style of music is rock and blues. This guitar doesn't utterly excel in any of them, but at least it tries coming close. Sound quality is pretty good. On clean mode, the sound quality is just at least average. Overdrive suits the guitar well. When set to the middle of the pickup Switch, it gets noisy, but not overly. Tone is satisfactory.

I want a new s series Ibanez in the near future. But for now, this Ibanez does the job well, still.

I reckon this guitar can and will withstand live playing, as it feels very solid. I did a lot of live playing with it in the past year, and it didn't miss a beat at all. The hardware seemed like to last at least a half more decade. It's that good. Strap buttons are truly solid indeed. I can depend on it with all my heart, but chances are it may break up sooner or later, so I would use it with the assurance of a quality backup guitar (though, never something like my former elec guitar, Ashton). I love the finish on it. A bit over a year later, the finish on the guitar still looks brand new. Of course, I polish it now and then to keep it all looking neat and tidy.

All that I can say here is that action, fit and finish quality is excellent!

Made in the year 2004. Made in China. 22 frets, on a rosewood fretboard. This Ibanez model is actually an SA model with floyd rose bridge. I am pretty happy about the features my guitar has, as it has the addition of the Floyd Rose tuning, on top of all the usual SA-model specs.