SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA160QMAM

I play a rock and metal and everything in between and I have to say it suits my style perfectly although for the really heavy music you need a second humbucker which it hasn't. I'm using it through a Spider II 30 Watt amp and it sounds great on distortion and clean. Because of the single coils you can probably play about any style of music decently as long as you have a decent amp. I prefer the humbucker sound because it really feels warm and powerful.

I've been playing for half a year and this is my first guitar, it was perfectly set up and if it was stolen I'd probably do everything to get it back or buy another one. I really like the killer finish and the low action, the higher frets are a bit difficult too reach (I'm talking about 20+) and I wish the neck single coil was a humbucker so it would have been an HSH. All in all it's a great guitar and if you're thinking about buying it you should really go and try it and be stunned by it's sound. Thank you for reading my review.

The guitar would withstand live playing without a doubt and the hardware definetly seems like it will last. The strap has never come of and you can really depend on it it has never broken down on me I haven't even broken a string. The finish doesn't look like it will come off.

The guitar was set-up perfectly although I don't know if the people at the store did it or if it was set up like that at the factory. The action was as low as you can get without buzzing and the pickups were adjusted nice. The finish was stunning and it didn't contain any flaws except when you look at the area around the input jack there are a lot of paint scratches very close to it and it isn't because of my cable because I'm always very careful but it's kinda hidden so you don't see it.