SA160QMAM review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Ibanez: SA160QMAM

Purchased from: Axe Music

I love the fast neck, the low action, although I will get that raised eventually. I play worship music, mostly. It suits the style perfectly, I find. I use a Fender Frontman 25R practice amp, with a DigiTech RP255 effect pedal. I don't find this guitar too noisy, it's got a nice sound, kinda quacky, if that's a good definition. I'm not sure about the sound it makes, I play worship, I'm not going to fool around wit it too much

I play worship, like I've said before. It suits my style perfectly. I've played guitar in general for about 10 years, but never really got into playing the electric guitar until 2 years ago. I own a bass, which sucks. An acoustic guitar, which is decent, I want a pickup system installed in it. And an Aria classical guitar. I wish I had asked for advice on how to keep the finish clean, it gets so dirty. I would probably buy the same brand, not the same exact guitar, if it got stolen. I love the paint job, the 5 way selector switch. I hate the fret bizz it produces when I put it in Drop D, or lower. I wish it had a better jack, makes life so much easier for taking the chord out.

I would take this guitar to worship practice, since that's what I do, I would not rely on another guitar. I think this guitar will last me for a long time. The strap buttons are incredibly solid, I have no worries about them failing, maybe my strap though. I love the paint job, that's one reason why I got it. It has scratches in it from playing alot! But over all this guitar is awesome.

I don't think this guitar was set up very well, because I experience alot of buzz, anywhere on the neck. I like the pickups, with its tru-duo humbucker pickups, it's awesome! I like the paint job on it, it's like a bluey color, I thought at first it was a one piece guitar, but I was told otherwise. It sounds awesome.

Passive electronics. It's supposedly a Strat body type. It has a volume knob, a tone knob, and a 5 way selector switch, which I love! Non locking tuners, I'm pretty sure. I got a gig bag with this guitar, not a huge fan of the bag, I will definitely get another one.

MaggaraMarine
    squierstratdave wrote: my guitar teachers got one of these, he says its like a "super" strat lol
    Super Strat means that it looks like Strat but the body/headstock are not the same as in Strats, maybe more "metal/shred" looking guitar. It doesn't mean that this guitar is better than real Fender Strat.
    MaggaraMarine
    We have two of these at our school and I think it's a great guitar and my favorite of the guitars in our school (we have an RGA72 and some kind of J Custom but it only has two Ibanez humbuckers (V8 and V7) and five way pickup selector so nothing special with it. It says J-Custom in the back of the headstock). I like the twangy sounds that you can get out of it. Easy to play and stays in tune if you don't use the whammy bar (that really gets it out of tune). Sounds great too.
    MaggaraMarine
    ^ It might not be J Custom, I remembered wrong. It said "Team J-Craft" in the back of the headstock and it said "Prestige" in the headstock.
    MaggaraMarine
    ^ Now I think I know which model the Team J-Craft guitar was. It was an RGA121. Nothing special, though, and the sound was pretty boring, same with the feel of the guitar. I preferred this guitar to it. I think it sounds nicer (maybe because of single coils, but the humbucker was also nice) and felt maybe a bit better.