SA220FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA220FM

Purchased from: KC's Rock Shop

I mostly play metal & punk, and it sounds amazing. I also used it in school for jazz, blues & funk, and it sounded great there too. Depending on the player, it can get nearly every kind of sound your after. It's not very noisy at all, and 4 of the 5 pickup selections work great. The middle choice sounds a bit muddy. I mostly use it with a Marshall DSL50 head, and 1960AV cabinet. A few of the local bands around here use this guitar, and my friends are always asking to borrow it for their shows.

I play metal, screamo & pop-punk music, and this guitar did great for them all. I've been playing for a few years, and I'm not going to spend an hour listing all my gear. I love the feel, the weight and the look of this guitar. The only thing I don't like is. Well, I love it. For 500AUD, I haven't seen a better deal out there. I compared it with heaps of different guitars, and the only ones in this style that matched or beat it on sound were 3 times it's price. I liked it so much, I bought a 2nd one a week ago, and I'm about to buy a 3rd, to have them set up for my different styles & tuning.

This guitar has seen about 45 shows since I bought it, although most of them not with me, and it's doing great. All the hardware is still going fine. The finish is still perfect, despite being dropped, thrown around, swung and having beer spilled on it. You can depend on it, but to gig without a backup is just plain stupid. I always have 2 guitars with me, in case I break a string or something else goes wrong. But that all comes down to the musician, not the guitar.

Action was super low, it feels perfect. The pickups were great too. The setup was simply amazing. There was no problems with the wood or any of the hardware. When I got it, the only flaw was the bridge strap button was loose. And buy loose, I mean it held tight, but it spun around when you twisted it.

Fairly simple, but that's the way I like it. Came with Allen keys, a small hex wrench and a nylon strap.

grantmotion
    i have this guitar and i love it, the neck is so easy to move your hand across and it sounds really good for solos. I am gonna get some EMG pick-ups for it though so it will sound even more awesome
    Coldmystery
    This guitar is plenty good for metal. Metal is seriously 80 percent play and additude and 20 percent equipment. This guitar is very slick.
    Sasms
    i got this and love the thin neck, heaps good for playing fast metal solos