SA260FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA260FM

Purchased from: Rimmers Music

I all sorts of music from blues too heavy metal and this can handle it all! At the moment I use a crappy practice amp that doesn't make the most of this guitar, but I played it on a spider valve 212 at my friends' house and it amazed me. The sounds are rich and bright sounding on all settings and the mixture of single coils with the humbucker that with the flick of a Switch you can go from jimi hendrix blues to heaver stuff like Metallica. This guitar really can play anything, but is probably best at heavy metal. Overall, the sound is perfect.

As I said earlier, many styles of music.. but mainly blues and classic rock and this fits any style well. I probably would have asked for them to throw in a free case when I bought it looking back, but that's just so I could get it to a gig. If it was stolen of lost, I would definitely buy it again, it's as good as a guitar that could cost up too 1000 for a quarter of the price. I love the looks of this guitar, I love the sound, I love everything. I would recommend this guitar to anybody

I haven't had this for that long but it seems pretty solid. I'd be quite confident to gig this, I believe it could withstand it with ease. Nothing has fallen of it or stopped working up to now and until it does.

This guitar is very well set up, being an Ibanez. The pickups are also well adjusted, the bridge came routed properly, it came set up pretty much perfectly, flawless. It is also finished really nicely and it looks gorgeous. All this makes it really easy to hold and play.

This guitar has a 3pc SA neck with medium frets. It has a flamed maple top on a mahogany body, in super Strat style. The bridge is a SAT pro II, which i must say is excellent for trem. It has a 5 way pick-up selector, 2 tone controlls and one for volume. The guitar has 2 single coil pickups at the neck and mid section, and a humbucker at the bridge, but that can be switched to single coil. This model doesn't come with the locking tuners and floating trem, but these, for me, aren't really needed.

tom_martin_123
    /\/\... ye if u use the trem alot it will go out of tune but thats true for most guitars so it's no big deal.
    cackamverett
    gettin this soon my friend says he got one n its better then a fender stratocaster hope hes right
    Bubbles516
    I have it and all i have to say is I don't really like the pickups. Mine holds decent tune, it looks good, easy to play. I don't use the trem. I think its a decent intermediate guitar.
    sbinlb
    i play any thing from sublime to as i lay dying would this guitar suit both styles of music? if not a recommendation on which guitar would around the same price.
    mzorko
    Niki (guitar) wrote: Is there any difference between this and the SA260M?
    - The SA260FM has a flamed maple top and a rosewood fretboard. - The SA260M has a maple fretboard. Other than that, both are the same: some truly great guitar.
    mzorko
    DANTE_DEMONHALF wrote: hay guys! this one or rg370 ??? pleas can anybody help me I'm so confused :[
    It depends on the music you play. The SA260 could manage almost any style, though if you're up to metal or something with distortion up to 11, maybe the RG suits you better.