SA320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA320

Purchased from: local shop

Well, I am a bit of an oddball, I play such a mixture of music, from Metallica, to Dream Theater to the Chilis (also love QOTSA). That's why I find it so hard choosing guitars. However, the piezo pickup is awesome for a bit of vareity and lets me have a stunning acoustic sound in an electric body. Now lets get to the humbuckers, amazing, before I had this guitar I played a Squier Strat (still own) and was not too convinced by the distorted sound. My Ibanez changed all that. The best part is I can get a great sound thrugh the humbuckers wether I play clean Oasis stuff, or thrash metal full of pick squeals (much easier on the humbuckers btw) it's a shame I couldnt rate this one eleven as I even prefer this to a Les Paul to some degree.

As I said in the sound section, this guitar suitas my varied playing style. I have been playing 2 and a half years and would consider myself to be intermediate. Other guitar is a metallic blue Squier Strat and amp is a Marshall MG50DFX (which I love). I don't own any other pedals or stuff like that but I plan on getting a crybaby wah pedal. If it were stolen I'd definitely go with another Ibanez but I don't know which model, it would probably be another SA series but maybe one with some coil tapping (that's the only thing I wish I had) fvourite thing about the guitar is it has so much style with great looks and sound, and it can be as agressive or as soft as you want it to be. Fantastic guitar!

This guitar is a beast without a doubt, good quality hardware and strap buttons. Very dependable, I would play a gig without backup, but that's only because I don't have another that matches the sound quality. If I had another guitar I would take it, but that's just because ia am a quite conservative guy. As I said before, finish is great.

Niice low action, guitar does buzz a lil bit, but amazingly easy to play. My jack plug was loose but I got it fixed as it was cutting out and really annoying me. I also think the dual outputs are a nice touch, but I don't use them as I only run it through one amp and don't do a great deal of life stuff.

My SA320x has 22 frets, stunning black finish, nice tone ('cause of the mahogany) and it's light as a feather. Similar shape to a Strat. It has two Ibanez active humbuckers which beat the ass of any Squier (I own one also) or Epiphone I have played! Didn't get any accessories with it but that's no bother to me.

romaf06
    I have this guitar...I think. I purchased it at a sale from 1300AUD to 1000AUD so the price range is the same as the guitar listed here. It looks exactly identical and has the same features but mine is black. The red ibanez looks like its made of a different wood though, or maybe mine is made from the same wood and the paint has hidden this??? The hardware is chrome and the fretboard is rosewood. It says made in korea. Any help would be appreciated!! it seems as though nobody knows much of this guitar in australia, it must have been discontinued =S