SA320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SA320

The sound from this guitar is absolutely amazing! I play a lot of metal guitar (Lamb Of God specifically) and some softer kinds of music. The piezo pickups work great for playing softer stuff and the humbuckers work quite well for everything else. There is a very slight buzz on either the humbuckers or the piezo's, but only if you pick very very heavily. One very nice feature is the two input jacks so you can use two different amps and two different sounds coming from the same guitar. There is a 5 pickup selector with all the Standard sounds found on most Ibanez guitars on it, all of which sound very nice. Hands down 11 on the sound, but I can only rate it a 10.

I mostly play Metal guitar and this guitar is a perfect match for me. The humbuckers are perfect for hardcore rockin. But if you do feel the need to play a softer side of music the piezo pickups are on there and ready to go (as soon as you put in a 9V battery of course). I have been playing for 3 years and this guitar has done everything I need it to and more.

Without a doubt I would play a gig with this guitar. So far all the hardware seems like it will last quite a long time. This guitar was built with quality in mind and will be sure to keep me rockin. The strap buttons are quite solid and I haven't had a problem with em yet. They don't come with locking buttons though so I plan on getting some soon. I would use this guitar in a gig without a backup because there's no need for a backup. I've played this thing non stop since I got it (two months ago) and I can't even tell that I've played it at all. I can't even see any pick marks next to the strings where the pick constantly rubs when playing chords.

The guitar was set up quite well at the factory. The action is really good from the factory but I did adjust it minutely to make it even better! All I did was adjust the neck. The pickups were adjusted perfectly and the guitar came already in tune very very close to Standard. The guitar did not contain any flaws at all and I am very pleased with it.

Japanese made guitar with 22 frets. Very nice Mahagony body With an absolutely beautiful deep red finish. The Floyd bridge keeps this guitar in tune quite well, even when using a whammy bar. There are 3 control knobs on this guitar. One controls the humbucker pickups, one controls the tone, and the third controls the piezo Acoustic pickups.

Prima47
    quote]romaf06 wrote: I have this guitar...I think. I purchased it at a sale from 1300AUD to 1000AUD so the price range is the same as the guitar listed here. It looks exactly identical and has the same features but mine is black. The red ibanez looks like its made of a different wood though, or maybe mine is made from the same wood and the paint has hidden this??? The hardware is chrome and the fretboard is rosewood. It says made in korea. Any help would be appreciated!! it seems as though nobody knows much of this guitar in australia, it must have been discontinued =S[/quote] your guitar is the Ibanez SA 320 MBK. The MBK just signifies color. The red one is an Ibanez SA 320 WBY. you can tell the year of your guitar by the first two digits of the serial number. Mine is 02 so my guitar was made in 2002.
    Prima47