SAS32FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SAS32FM

Purchased from: eBay

I play lots of stuff depending on my mood. From Metallica to Neil Young, I have a broad spectrum, but this guitar is so versatile. As I mentioned it has the coil tap for gorgeous clean tones and the bridge pickup has decent treble and bass, although I am looking at a DiMarzio D Activator. But it's great overall. I'm running through a few amps as I have the bands amps at my house. Got the Fender Frontman 65r, Marshall MG30 and an Orange Crush. It sounds great through all of them although I prefer the gain out of the Orange & Marshall. We use an Orange Rocker 30 in the band and I'm currently looking at a Tiny Terror because this guitar sounds amazing with the gain maxed out.

Overall this guitar is perfect for me. It's extremely light, it's beautiful and it's a perfect guitar for someone who can't afford a Fender or Gibson. The action is also perfect for me. I have a disability in my left hand so it's harder for me to play. But with this guitar, it's so easy. I love everything about it. If it got stolen or lost, I'd find the Culprit and tear their eyebrows off and probably buy another, and another.

I gig with this guitar without backup, now I know some guitarists see that as sin. But I really don't think I need a backup and I'd only back it up with another SA. The strap buttons are immense on this guitar, very big and very reliable, however i'm still looking at straplocks just incase. When I got the guitar, there was some wear on the back from a belt buckle I presume but since I've got it, it's not scratched. I'm a careful owner too, so if it scratched I think I'd die.

When it arrived. It was a used guitar, so it was in bad condition. Dirty strings, high action and a filthy fretboard. It's discontinued now too so I can't say what it would be like new. The pickups were awesome heightwise. Other than the first bit I can't find any faults with anything on the guitar.

It's a 2004 model, Korean made, has 22 medium frets with abalone inlays. The neck is a dream to play, especially as I have small hands due to a disability. It's a vanished neck too and is extremely fast. There is abalone binding all the way around the body too which is beautiful. It has a mahogany Strat shaped body with a flamed maple top which is AWESOME! I've always been a fan of flamed and quilted tops on guitars and this is just amazing. It has a HH setup with a 5 way selector Switch with the 4th and 2nd positions splitting the coils (I think) to give a crisp Strat like clean tone. My favourite thing is the tuners. They are so stable and rarely need using. Unbelievable. My only fault is the bridge. I'd prefer a string thru. But hey ho we can work around that.

Metal Jay
    Excellent guitar! Got mine a while ago and it's really grown on me. I have used it for many kinds of music and it is perfect for it all. Great sound, awesome feel, sleek and attractive...and super flexible electronics. Definitely worth more than the price tag...better than a Fender, Cooler than a Gibson!!
    Inversemetal
    Just wanted to say, i've since bought a second one of these as my Drop B guitar, lovely guitars.
    ogison
    I have had an SA120 for years now. Same bridge, SATPRO, it NEVER goes out of tune....do you guys know how to string up properly?