SAS36FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SAS36FM

Purchased from: Marshall Music

This is the guitar you want if your looking for great clean tones. If a les paul and a Strat had a baby this would be it. I play everything from jazz to metal and it suits my jazzy side just fine. I'm running it straight into a Marshall VS100 Combo and the sound is really amazing. The beautiful clean tones this guitar can create is truly the high point of this guitar, the neck pickup gives a very mellow and smooth sound, both clean and with overdrive, perfect for soloing, the middle pickup is slightly more twangy, using both gives me an amazing clean sound. The only let down with this guitar is the humbucker, its weak and shallow sound doesn't do the guitar justice. The tone is so thin its just unusable that I'm going to replace it asap! But otherwise this guitar has a very nice sound but I just wish it came with a better humbucker.

I've had this guitar for six months now so I decided to write a review on it. I play everything from jazz to metal and back again, when playing clean this guitar is simply amazing, but for overdrive and distortion... ehhh not so much. I've been playing guitar now for 2 years and I own 3 other guitars, a Jackson ps-3 performer, a Cort X-1, and a Savannah drea this is the guitar I turn to for the softer side of music. If it where stolen I would reserve myself a spot in hell for the things I am about to do to whoever stole it. If I smash it over his/her corpse in a blind rage, then yes I will get a new one. Overall I love this guitar to bits, I'll be trying out some more of Ibanez's guitars in the future.

I don't think this is the best guitar to use in a live situation because of it's unstable tuning and shoddy humbucker, but replace those with some higher quality parts and you have one Killer stage guitar, looks and sound wise! The hardware is all very solid and looks like it will last forever. The strap buttons are very solid and I feel I can rely on them, not once has my strap slipped off and I hope it never does.

When I received the guitar the action was a bit too high for my liking, the pickups needed to be correctly adjusted as well. Shame on you Ibanez! But after a quick service the guitar was amazing to play, it felt effortless, all my other guitars now look more like dusty ornaments. If you can you should really give this guitar a try, it improved my playing more than I thought a guitar possibly could. The finish is flawless and absolutely stunning! The one problem I have with this guitar is that I have to tune it regularly, it goes out of tune very quickly. I'll probably be replacing the tuners on this guitar as well sometime soon

Absolutely stunning guitar, came with a gator hardcase and plenty of attitude. Beautiful transparent grey finish. It has 22 medium frets, thin C shape 3 piece maple set neck, stunning bound rosewood fretboard with pearl Dot inlays. The body style is your classic Strat shape and made from mahogany, it has a floating tremolo bridge. S/S/H stock passive pickups which gives you a wide range of tones, the humbucker can be split. 1 push/pull volume control and 1 tone control, with a 5-way selector, the tuners are stock Ibanez tuners.