SAS36FM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SAS36FM

Purchased from: JG windows

As far as my musical style goes, I play allot of blues and jazz styles, but also play metal, indie, prog rock and anything else in between.the Ibanez handles the all of these styles pretty damned well. It is my main guitar and to show how great and versatile this guitar really is: I use this guitar more than my Gibson lucille, my Gibson Les Paul or my Fender american deluxe strat. Its my favourite guitar and cost a third of any other of my electric guitars. There is noise when played with most distortion pedals but not so much that it becomes anywhere near an inconvenience. This guitar can make bright sounds, very rounded sounds... This guitar has no end to its abilities.

This guitar is phenominal value for money. Could hardly ask for more. I love every single last square inch of this guitar. Plays any style of music I can think of and can truly withstand some rough playing. If this guitar were to somehow get stolen, I would cry... thats how much I LOVE this guitar. I did play other guitars before this one, a Gretsch les paul, a Epiphone Les Paul and a Fender Standard tele. Funny story - I went into the shop going to buy a gold sparkle Gretsch Les Paul and my dad saw this guitar in the wall, I plugged it into the amp, played it for a while and walked away the same day with am Ibanez guitar, and I would never look back. One thing I wish it had... Nope can't think of anything.

I have used this guitar everytime I have played live. It stays intune brilliantly, I probably only have to tune it every four hours or so and that for me is great. By fur hours I mean four hours of continuous playing. Hardware seems to be lasting except for the strap button on the larger cutaway had to be fixed with resin... But that was under warranty so its all good I guess and it was due to using a crappy strap with it ( a guitar hero guitar strap :P). I have always had a back up guitar at any gig I have played, which is mainly the strat, but I have never had to use it. Finish also seems to be lasting well, a few pick scratches and a few bumps off hitting it of the wall... By accident.

When I bought this guitar, it was brand new and had not had a set up. Two years on and it still hasn't. In my opinion, there is no need to what so ever. The action was perfect when it came out the box and I have never needed to tinker with it at all. Pickups were ok, I adjusted the Bridge pickup to be closer to the strings, but that's just how I like it. As far as the controls go, I had to tighten the volume knob a little because it was a little too loose for my liking but that was it, again, only for personal preference. Everything else was brilliant, finish was fine, no rusty hardware, no crappy jack input. Everything was great.

It comes in a choice of two colours: trans gray and red sunburst, both of which are immaculate and add a certain extra special look to the guitar. Also, whilst on aesthetics of the guitar, the body; which is made from mahogany, is highlighted by a line of abalone, which is also used for the fret markers. Again, a nice touch. Curved body top and flat back with a maple cap on the top. Neck is a three piece maple neck with rosewood fretboard.the neck is the Standard Ibanez thin slim neck. Controls given are one tone that is tapped (which means it pops up to split the humbucker to get a single coil sound), a volume knob and a five way selector switch. Standard trem style Bridge which has a whole tone pull back and if pressed down, can pretty much pull the strings right out of the guitar. The tuners, which I believe are mini tuners are non-locking chrome heads. When I purchased this guitar two years ago, I got cables, a strap, gig bag and an Ibanez tour jacket thing that was apparently a limited edition give away. Can't complain.

TST2469
    well i think its safe to say im in love LoL this is a beautiful guitar and i wish i was rich enough to buy 1 LoL + its Ibanez soo F**K YEA!!