STM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: STM1

This guitar fit's my music style very well. I play metal, Speed, Power, etc. And let me tell you, this is a speed machine. Very good for shredding. I am currently running this through a Marshall MG100 (Lame, but it fit the budget) and with a DigiTech Grunge Distortion pedal, and with the neck pick up on, it tears with it's high end. Even with the bridge pickup, you can go on the lower frets and get a sweet, punchy chug.

Like I stated before, this perfectly matches the Shred/Metal genre. I've been playing for 4-5 years and currently own a DigiTech Whammy, DigiTech Grunge, DigiTech DigiDelay, and An Epiphone SG Standard. If it was lost or stolen, I would defiantly buy it again. My favorite feature has to be the fast neck. I have compared this to a Jackson RR24FR and got this because it's less expensive and has better pickups and feels better. The only thing I wish it had was an Edge Pro Trem.

In my opinion, this guitar can last a lifetime. This Ibanez Iceman was made to be played at shows, the hardware might need to be replaced, the strap buttons should be replaced. I always bring two guitars to a show, one that's tuned to Double Drop C, and one that's tuned to Standard, which is my STM1, and this is the only Standard tuned guitar I bring with me. The finish is also very hard to scrape away at, unless your like me and mod the finish to no end, because mine is currently wrapped with black tape, looks awesome.

The factory action. Well for me, In my opinion the action was to high, but I like it real low. it's probably just right for most of you. The pickups where top notch. The bridge was slightly raised, but It was fixed at Guitar Center. Other than that, no scuffs and it was in well condition.

This Wonderful Sam Totman Signature was made in 2008 in the Custom Shop in USA. This Is a 24 fret Maple/Walnut neck, 25.5 Scale, 400mm Radius, very thin (21mm at 12th fret), jumbo frets, Mahogany body and Bound Rosewood fingerboard. The finish on this guitar is a beautiful snow white. The body is a pain to play sitting, due to the curved wing, but standing with s strap is a breeze. Another ridiculous feature is the Edge III Trem, but with a proper trem setup, it will be just fine. Another downfall is the single volume knob, being the only knob, there is no tone knob, and the position it is in. The volume knob is right under the bridge pickup and in a result, very easy to accidentally move. The pickups are a plus, two DiMarzio Evolutions, DP158 and DP159. And a pair of Ibanez locking tuners to boot.

Edgecrsuher
    there's a mistake in the review, it is impossible to be made in the custom shop, it is only for endorsees i think that guitar is made in indonesia btw
    gizmodious
    You play guitar sober? Faggot.
    lukegjpotter
    Tubyboulin
    For all those bitching about some of the features, I've not once seen a Sam Totman fanboy. Hermans guitar was made quite a bit more extravagent because more people will buy the Herman Li sig. Sam is great though, and this guitar was built for him. It does what he wants it to do. I've played it, and really liked it.
    stage4saiyan
    dark_rider92 wrote: gizmodious wrote: wesselbindt wrote: This guitar is defiantly too good for a drunk like totmann. cwutididthar? You play guitar sober? Faggot. ya, fo sho, everything's better when you're wasted...
    Yep, just like Dragonforce's music. LOLWUTCASTLE
    Jugulator_cro
    lukegjpotter wrote: Totmann is a disgusting drunk. Watch the videos of him on youtube. Asking about the legal sex age for kids in differant countries and ripping the piss out of Herman. He forgot to ask for a tone knob... This guitar should have two tone knobs, two coil taps, toggle/kill switch and a top of the line tremelo system. I'm not sure if it has a contoured body like a strat but it should. Herman Li's signature has better features but this is better looking by miles.
    Word.
    Tedward
    it has an EDGE 3 amirite? id never pay 1000$+ for something with an edge 3 actually ibanez is overpriced so much now this guitar is actually cheaper than the ICT700
    Tedward
    and i find icemans to be very comfortable to play sitting. and upon looking at the picture i can imagine the volume knob is placed where it is to do whammy tricks/ sound effects
    dark_rider92
    ya, fo sho, everything's better when you're wasted...
    MEGADETH_METAL
    i own this guitar and since i dont much know about guitars to me it plays super awesomely and i must have a somehow good Edge 3 coz everyone seems to bitch about it but mine is fine stays in tune perfectly evn when dive bombing
    Jeroenofzo
    Goddammit people, ( Just to clear up, i don't like DF ) Tone knobs, if you don't use 'em, why put them on your guitar? I never use them, it is just sitting there doing nothing. THe volume knob is placed fine, maybe if you strum some big chords you might touch the knob, but not when solo'ing or playing metal rythms. The edge3 is a big turnoff tho, and i think they schould've put black hardware, so i can buy it to fit with my ICT700
    Fireballz 1077
    MAN!!! I need one of those! ....Seriously. I need a guitar with a 24th fret (to play most of the Metallica songs i like), and the fact that it's an Ibanez makes it even better.