STM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: STM1

Price paid: € 850

Purchased from: thomann

Very powerful sound and it sounds fantastic. I use a Marshall g3or 30watt amp and a Boss ds-2 turbo distortion. You can get all sorts of sounds. And this guitar suits my style perfect, metal shred an everything. And I would definitely recommend it too people.

I play heavy metal and its a brilliant mach. I have been playing for 2 years and have 4 guitars and this is clearly my favorite. If I lost or if the guitar was stolen I would get it again for sure. I love everything about it, the body, hardware, pickups, neck, everything. I chose this guitar because I wanted a Schecter Synyster Standard and the shop I was getting it from didn't have it in stock for another 4 months so I decided to get the STM1 simply for its looks and pickups an everything.

If you broke a string when playing live it would take at least 10 minutes to change it. The hardware is great and it is really hard too scrap this guitar.I wouldn't go gigging without a backup guitar for the simple reason that if the string was to brake when live, the strap buttons are nice and solid and they do the job ok.

I don't think it was set up that great when it came from the factor, because when I put on new strings the tremelo started rizeing and I always have to put on a set of 9s on it to stop that. When you touch the pickup they can move over and back fairly quickly. When you open the lid at the back the people who made the guitar put too much care into it.

This guitar was made in the USA custom shop in 2008. It is a 24 jumbo fret maple neck, with a radios of 400mm, at the 12fret it is only 21mm and at the 1st fret it is only 19mm. This guitar is a mahogany body with bound rosewood fingerbord, and the finish on this guitar is a snowish white colour. When sitting down and standing it is very comfortable. The edge 111 trem is a pain and it will make weird noises after a while. The pickups: The neck pickup is a DiMarzio evolution model number dp159 Brige pickup: The brige pickup is a DiMarzio evolution model number dp158 A case, ibanez, strap, spare strings, cables, tools came with this guitar.