SV5470F review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SV5470F

Price paid: A$ 2500

Purchased from: East Gate Music,Melbourne

This guitar is the most versatile guitars I've played. I've tried the the RG2550Z, Fender MIA Deluxe and Standard strats, along with a few other guitars which were great, however didn't quite have the sound I was looking for. I play mainly alternative rock and blues, however I like a bit of everything, funk, fusion,, even metal as well as a bucket load of Joe Satriani songs, so when I heard about the SV5470, I just had to try it out. The true duo system is basically a coil tapping system combined with the true duo blast pick ups to give you almost Fender like-Twang but a bit darker because of the mahogany wood. Really love the tonal palette that this guitar gives you, you can go death metal on it and then swap to hendrix in a heartbeat. The true duo pick ups, once split, don't make much noise, it's actually very quiet, much like Fender SCN noiseless pickups. This guitar can practically cover any style, my only beef with it is that the pick ups could have been better for the price. I play through a POD X3Live through a practice amp, combine that with this guitar and you get probably the most versatile rig you could find. Neck pick up sounds great for beefy blues, bridge pickup sears and soars at shred, middle pickup is great for that twang or just a middy sort of clean sound.

I play just about anything and this guitar is perfect for it all. Shred, blues you name it. I find that this guitar gravitates more towards the heavier side of music, but hey it still does a good job at cleans.Ibanez really pulled it off with this one, if I were to lose this guitar I would buy a Fender MIA HSS Strat just to have a different guitar, but aside from that I'd definitely buy this guitar again. Probably would swap out the pick ups for dimarzios if your really serious about your tone, if not, the true duo pick ups will do just what you want them to. I've been playing guitar for around 2 to 3 years, I play stuff like Joe Satriani, Gilbert and Hendrix, this guitar does it all. All in all, a really great instrument.

This guitar will withstand anything. I've dropped it, didn't even go out of tune, no scratches, finish is solid rock. The SyncroniZR looks great and holds up to Satriani-like abuse.

This guitar was set up perfectly in the shop, low action, however the lower E string tends to stick to the neck pick up when the trem gets depressed too much. Aside from that, this guitar is great, finish stays there forever! Take care of this baby and it will take care of you.

- S prestige neck 24 frets - true duo blast pick ups - true duo system, on volume knob (coil tap) - syncronizr tremolo system - gotoh locking tuners - 1 volume and 1 tone knob - 5 way pickup selector - mahogany s body with flamed maple top - comes with a set allen keys and prestige case This guitar's is beautiful, got it in Dark Sunset burst and it just shines like the sun. The SyncroniZR tremolo is great, really smooth, feels like it's floating and you can go both ways with it, though not as far as a real Floating Trem, which is awesome.It stays in tune really well, I've gone for weeks if not months without having to tune it, and restringing is really simple. The 24 frets are really good, the neck is smooth and is a joy to play and shred on. The body contours make it so comfortable to play on. True duo system really works, the true duo pick ups sound like Fender SCN Noiseless pick ups when split.