SV5470F review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SV5470F

Price paid: C$ 1700

Purchased from: L&M

This guitar can do anything. I play everything from death metal thrash metal to jazz, blues, shred. I have a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 Watt Combo so i can really bring out the shred with this. Coil tap on the pickups allow you to get a variety of tones, I got a great Joe satriani type tone for soloing and a Megadeth type tone for rhythm. Neck pickup is very creamy and great for sweeping and soloing. Bridge is great for chugging and tapping but can be a little thin sounding for solos. Great for a Steve Vai sound but I prefer the neck for a creamier tone. The middle pickup gives amazing clean tones, some great Opeth sounds.

I play Jazz fusion, Metal, Death Metal, Thrash metal, a little blues. Think Opeth, Megadeth, Necrophagist, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Greg Howe, Paul gilbert, Joe Satriani, Yngwie etc. If it were lost/stolen I'd probably die but if I didn't I'd buy a new one. Only other guitar that could compare to this versatility is maybe a PRS but those are way more expensive. I tried out Jacksons, Gibsons, Fenders, Epiphones, Other Ibanezes, Ernie Ball Music Mans, but after having an orgasm while playing this baby, I kind of had to buy it.

I've played live and use it for band practices and at home all the time. Changing strings takes less than 5 minutes and it even cuts the end off for you. I'd play it without a backup, but just in case I have a Jackson Dinky which sucks in comparison. I use this in Standard tuning but when I used drop D one time the other strings when flat. I recommend using this guitar in one tuning but if you change it expect to spend a few minutes getting it in tune.

Factory set up was great but needed a little intonation. Action was nice and low. Pickups could have been higher but decent enough. No flaws. However, I needed new pants when I first played it. Ibanez should give a warning that you will orgasm when you play their prestige guitars.

Team J Craft made in Japan, 24 frets, coil tap pickups, rosewood fingerboard, locking tuners, zero edge tremolo bridge, Dark Sunset Burst Finish, Volume & tone knobs, Comes with a case. This guitar can do anything, I'm just trying to find the knob that trims your toenails.

Milotic
    Can you abuse the tremolo and play satriani and vai stuff? and how well does the tremolo stay in tune?
    brutalkid
    Yes and very well!! You can hold the tremelo down to a desired note and do some chugs and finish it up with a harmonic then rape the harmonic and it will still stay in tune!