SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

Purchased from: Rolands Music

I play classic rock/hard rock this guitar suits my style of play as the seymore duncan Ibanez pick ups create a great classic rock tone, but I have also used this guitar to play metal and it also really suits this style as well. When I'm playing with it live I play it through a Marshall MG50DFX. This guitar has a great varity of tones wether u play rhythm or lead guitar, just by switching from treble to rhythm on the guitar, I rely on this heavily when playing live. The treble is very bright sounding great for over the top guitar solos. It can also create a really heavy metal sound, in a matter of seconds I have gone from playing the darkness to slayer. This guitar has a supberb sound for most types of music.

For my hard rock/classic rock it is perfect. Suits it perfectly. I got the Marshall at Christmas but I've used it for bout 4 gigs since then and its worked really well I find it a great combination. If it was stolen I would buy it again cos for 350 it's the best guitar I've played for that price. I love the strung through body, and the Duncan/Ibanez pickups they give a great tone and variety. I tried several guitars I made my finally choice between an Epiphone SG and my Ibanez and it came first it just suited me so well. I would advise this guitar to most peeps but I also advise u try others as you may find one you like better and should also try different guitars.

I've used this guitar live quite a bit know and it hasnt let me down. The hardware does seem to last even though the tone and volume knobs have dulled in coulor since I got them. The strap buttons r gd. I've used this without backup on several ocations and it hasnt let me down. The finish is perfect it hasn't worn at all since April.

This guitar came set up perfectly the action was flawless. I haven't changed enything since I got it in April 2005. I have only had to have it repaired once purley of my own fault as I managed to knock of one of the machine heads when I droped it, but since then I have not had a single problem. This is the best guitar I own. I can't imagine myself using another guitar it suits me perfectly.

This guitar features 22 large frets. It has a mahogany body, 3pc mahogany SZ set-in neck. Mine's got a black satin finish, but it's also avalible in gold and brown sunburst. Its body shape is pretty similar to an SG. It's got a Gibraltar III bridge. The strung through body compensates for different string gauges and tension. It features 2 Duncan/Ibanez pickups. It has 3-way toggle Switch. It has 2 volume and one control knob. My guitar just came with a small cable.

DaBlackE
    I bought one of these on ebay for $440.00 with a HSC, upgraded pickups (Seymour Duncan Jazz & JB) and the original pickups. This a very good guitar all around. There is a one problem, at least with SZ320MH model. There's no "shine" on the finnish which is cool but the body dings very easily. Also where the string comes out of the guitar, it rubs against the body and leaves a mark. I still love this guitar I'm a big Shadows Fall fan & Matt Bachand uses a custom one of these with EMGs. If I lost it I'd probably look for another used one for cheaper or get a 520 or 720 model.
    Vos
    I bought this as my second guitar and I love everything about it. The Gibraltar III bridge took me some getting used to and is slightly annoying since it doesn't feel in my hard case. But that can hardly been used against it because all in all this is an amazing guitar.
    Godderz_24
    just got this guitar this morning, its actually really good stays in tune fine, perfect set up from ibanez not a single ding in the finish the pickups are better than i expected, clean sounds really good on the middle position great sustain its a great guitar damn i'd like to try a presteige...
    OttovanZanten
    I tried it in a local store, i lve it! I own a Ibanez RG321, like it a lot, but like this 1 better, if i just manage to seel my RG, lol but maybe ill just keep my RG, like the appearance, and i wouldn't hear much of a difference anyway, not that experienced.
    6stringfreak13
    ive had this guitar for close to a year. its a f***ing sweet guitar. nice sound in the neck and the bridge pickups. and whats best of all, i didnt have to mess with it to my liking. the factory settings were perfect. 10/10. dont you guys agree??
    emokiller17
    i thought it was shit, i tried it out today. i dont know if thats just me not being used to humbuckers or what but i couldnt keep it quiet! anyway i couldnt get much of a crunch out of it, i tried it out on a marshall mg50. had this just been the amp?