SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

Purchased from: Magnolia Music

Well, my musical styles are blues, jazz, hard rock, a little heavy metal, and a little bit of funk, so I require a lot of different tones. The SZ320 gives me all that. I have it hooked into a Roland Cube 30, and the possibilities are vast. I love it is the richest sound I have ever heard on a guitar. Before I would have to downtune a half step or drop D all the time, but this guitar has that kind of tone in the regular factory tuning.

I am a very satisfied guitarist. The Fretboard is just right. The playability is phenominal, and the instrument is just plain beautiful. It makes this goofball sound a wee bit more proffesional. The styles of music I play are jazz, rock, blues, hard rock, some h. metal, so this instrument cooks on all levels. I have been playing 12 years. I have a Talman Ibanez and a Roland Cube 30. I also have a Gio Ibanez SA model. Yes I would definitely buy it again. I loave everything about it. Yes I compared it to a Prestige model SZ720 and a Paul Reed Smith. The overall value, the craftsmanship, and the quality at the price I paid for it.

This guitar will withstand anything, and I mean anything so far that I can throw at it. And I am extremely rough on everything. I would use it at a gig anytime. Strap buttons are in place like they ought to be. The finish is the most original and glossy that I have seen in a long time.

The experience I had at the place I bought from was extremely lame and distasteful, and they did not even throw in a set of strings. So the strings were extremely used and abused, but once I put those new D'addarios on it the walls came down with POWER!! There are no flaws in the guitar. It is a beautiful machine.

Well, it is a 2006, and it is almost transparent to the wood, which is a light brown sunburst. There are abolone dot's up the fretboard, and of course the Ibanez on the head stock is abolone. Pick ups are Seymour Duncan humbuckers, one at the bridge and one at the edge of the fret board, with a 3-way switch. I had been playing a GIO SA model before, and once I bought this one I was hooked on the sound quality. The frets on it are nice and large for my fat fingers. The neck pick up is a ceramic, and has a brightness that you would usually find on more expensive guitars. The bridge pu has a warmer tone, more like a "Paul Reed Smith Santana" model.