SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

Purchased from: Allan's Music

My main style of music is metal, but I also play a lot of jazz, some blues and clean stuff as well. This guitar suits all those style very well. I am using it with a Line 6 Spider 2 30 watt amp and a Vox Wah Pedal. It is not noisy at all, except at high volumes. Very good variety in sound, the neck pickup is good for clean stuff, especially jazz, the middle selection is good for acoustic sounding stuff and the neck pickup is great for metal and rock, basically anything with distortion.

I play metal (I'm in a metal band), jazz, some blues, and clean stuff as well. This guitar suits all well. The bridge pickup is perfect for anything distorted, while the neck pickup is great for clean tones, especially jazzy sounding stuff. I've been playing 1 1/2 years, it is mysecond guitar, and I play it with a Line 6 Spider 2 30 watt amp, and have a Vox Wah Pedal. I tried out lots of guitars before deciding on this one. The one's I can remember are: LTD MH-100, LTD Viper-200, Epiphone Les Paul-Something, a Dean, a Jackson, and an Ibanez RG. Since buying it I have played other guitars, including a PRS SE Custom, other Epiphones and LTDs, and a PRS Custom 22, which was the only guitar to date which I have played and like better than my guitar (It was 4000 dollas though). This guitar was better in feel, sound, and for the most part price (some guitars were cheaper, others were more expensive) than any other guitar I tried out. I love the feel, good neck, quite a heavy guitar, which while to my preference, may not be to everyone's. The only complaint is that the volume control for the neck pickup is very loose and will need fixing. If stolen I would buy something else, not because of the guitar itself but because it's only the second guitar I've owned, so I would want to try something else out. Other people Who tried my guitar have had good things to say about it.

The guitar itself feels very solid, and is quite heavy (which I like). The hardware has lasted well, except for the neck pickup volume control, which is coming quite loose. Also I have been playing a lot over summer and my sweat has rusted some spots on the bridge, tohugh this is most likely due my own care (or lack of) and not of a fault with the guitar itself. The strap buttons are solid, but I am getting some strap locks just in case. I'd use it in a gig without backup if I had to, but wouldn't be too worried if I didn't have another.The finish has held up well despite one small chip from hitting it on something.

The action was good, but I adjusted it slightly to get it just right for me. The pickups were adjusted fine, but I had to adjust them slightly when I lowered the action a bit. There were no flaws with the guitar when I bought it whatsoever. The finish was (and still is) shiny and new, though I have scratched the back a little bit.

22 Frets, 3 piece Mahogany set in neck, string-thru body bridge. Passive electronics, 3 volume controls, no tone controls, 2 humbucker pickup configuration (Duncan/Ibanez pickups). No other accessories were included. Large frets, mahogany body. It has a very nice neck and the strings stay in tune. The tuners are, as far as I can tell, just Ibanez model tuners but they do the job.

gface
    emokiller17 wrote: i thought it was shit, i tried it out today. i dont know if thats just me not being used to humbuckers or what but i couldnt keep it quiet! anyway i couldnt get much of a crunch out of it, i tried it out on a marshall mg50. had this just been the amp?
    Its a MG! they are shite! I got this guitar about a month ago.. i was researched so many different guitars and i finally went with this one. IM so happy, i worked hard for the money and this guitar is awesome! probably when i get some money change the pickups.. but its not nessescary. Awesome guitar! dont hesitate to buy one.
    [B]C [R]ich
    well knowing these reviews, i really havent the slightest clue what this thing is worth..anyone gimme an idea? im likin the size and the shape n everything..