SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

Purchased from: Frontier Music

I play mostly Muse, punk and metal. Love the clean tone on this guitar, it was the first thing I noticed. Resonates so well and really sounds quite beautiful. The distortion sounds magic! Even on my dads old Fender stage performer 60 Watt amp it sounds huge! I mainly use the bridge pickup for the distorted sounds and flick between the other two sets for the clean tones. I find when the pickup switch is all the way up (I'm useless with remembering what that is called). I get a nice muted sound that works well for playing more acoustic songs with the electric.

I play in a punk band and it fits perfectly with that, in my spare time I play every it of Muse I can think of and balance it out with a rationed diet of hard metal. The guitar fits in with all styles I play and never feels out of place. The tone is amazing and I just love the sound of it in clean, particularly when bending the strings and soloing a la kelly jones from Stereophonics. The only thing I wish it had was a Korg KP2 Kaoss touch pad effects in built in it! But beggars can't be chooses hey? Once my new amp rig arrives I will be in heaven! waiting for my Mesa Boogie head and Laney cab to arrive. Anyway buy this guitar although I think it might be a deleted line. Buy it second hand from a reputable seller! Everyone should have one of these they are such a brilliant guitar for the price you pay. Sounds like a 5000 dollar guitar.

I have already used it for gigs and the sound was awesome and I have as yet had no problems whatsoever. Have had no wavers in the pickups or tone knobs yet and they are still reacting as they did when I first Busted it out. The input jack sometimes gets loose but just screwing the nut in and keeping the lead stuck behind the strap fixes that in no time! The strap knobs have stuck hard for the life of the guitar so far and look like they will hold for a while yet. I play with a backup guitar, an Epiphone Flying V, but that's only because I have another guitar! Although some shows I don't have it as my cousins band use it as their backup! I don't feel uncomfortable without backup as there have never been any problems and as yet nothing looks like it will go wrong! No dints or cracks in the finish yet, some slight scratching from my belt but hey it's on the back so no one can see it!

Factory setup couldn't of been better! Haven't had to adjust anything, the action slides really well and I find it a joy to go on massive runs! the cutaway as I mentioned before is perfectly made so access to the higher frets is so easy. I find that the matt finish makes playing it more comfortable as when you get all hot and sweaty you don't stick to the body! All in all the action and finish suit my style and playing perfectly without having to change anything.

22 frets, solid top with a matt-cherry red finish. looks absolutely beautiful! Mahogany body with rosewood fretboard with a well engineered cutaway that provides such easy access to the higher frets. Standard spec Seymore Duncan/Ibanez pickups. Got it with a free hard case.

Withakay
    Does anyone know if they ever made left handed versions of this model?
    benmeyrick
    cashewchaching wrote: when will ibanez stop making stratocaster knock-offs?
    strat = single coil sz = humuckers fag. anywho, nicest guitar ive played (besides a sg) great neck, finish and sound.
    mason7373
    cashewchaching wrote: when will ibanez stop making stratocaster knock-offs?
    LOL dude. completely different guitar. What a retard. For one strats have single coils, and are made of alder. This means they have a bright (horribly bright imo) tone. This guitar is made of mahogany and has humbuckers, meaning it has more of a mellow, bassy, slash-type tone. This guitar sounds identical to a $2000 les paul, and plays even better(imo)