SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

Price paid: € 470

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

The stock pickups don't sound great, but they passed my hearing test. You can play a lot of styles with this guitar, from death metal to jazz and back, it's that versatile. I play it through my Roland Cube 15 in my bedroom and it sounds fine, if I had a tube-amp it would probably sound orgasmic.

This is my second guitar, and I don't feel like I need another one ever again! It's so versatile and reliable it could last a life time. My other guitar is collecting dust on my wall because I only play this one. If it were stolen, I would probably buy it again because it's a great price for what you get. If you need a versatile, reliable and good-sounding guitar, go for this one.

The guitar is very reliable. I don't gig with it but I think it could handle it easy. I dropped it by accident one time (the strap got loose) and there was no scratch on it or anything wrong. The finish does not wear of easily, I played it with my belt and there was a streak of my belt but no scratch, I could just wipe it of.

The factory set-up was good, but the action was a bit low. I raised it myself but I like a bit higher action than Standard. The pickups were fine to, I didn't have to adjust them. Everything was good on this guitar, except for the volume pots. The volume didn't really increased when I turned the volume knobs. I had to replace them and now it's fine.

This guitar, an Ibanez SZ320ex in white, was made in 2007 in Korea. It's a solid body guitar, made of mahogany. The neck feels great and gives you 22 frets with beautiful little abalone dots. It has a Gibraltar fixed bridge and Duncan designed humbuckers in the neck and bridge positions. You can switch between the two with a 3 way Switch. You have 2 volume controls and 1 master tone.