SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

I mainly play blues, alt., and a little funk, followed by everything else. The Ibanez SZ320 handles everything very well, and I haven't found a sound I couldn't replicate. I play through a GT-8 and a Crate Palomino amp. Like others have said, at higher volumes it does tend to get "noisy", but you'd be hard pressed to find a guitar that didn't in this price range. It sounds similar tonally to a Epiphone LP. With some consideration to the equipment I'm using with this guitar, I still love the tone I routinely get. A Strat or PRS would probably suit me best for the styles I play, but I love the power I can get with the humbuckers.

For the styles I play, it suites me very well. Especially considering the price I paid for it. I've played bass for six years, but I've played guitar for Circa 2. My other guitar is a Jackson Performer, leaving my SZ320 as my main guitar. I love it to death, and death would be the end result of whoever took my beloved guitar. I would definitely purchase it again. For the price of this guitar, it really serves me well. I wouldn't compare it to a Gibson Les Paul or a PRS like some people here, because that's just ridiculous, but it definitely beats out any and all mid-level guitars I've ever played/seen. Again, this guitar is easily the best guitar you could purchase in a price range this low. It's fantastic, and it works perfectly for me.

This guitar is built incredibly. It's solid through and through, and it's withstood the beating I've given it. the guitar has taken a lot from me, from dripping sweat on it to banging it around when I play. It's sturdy, including the strap buttons. I definitely depend on this guitar, but I doubt many musicians would seriously play a gig without a backup. It doesn't matter how solid it is, if something goes wrong, you don't want to spend 15 minutes of your show fixing a guitar. Anyways, this thing is solid to the core. The paint hasn't chipped except around the body where the strings rub against it at the bridge. But I've played this guitar hard, and no paint has come off. Solid finish, solid guitar.

The guitar was setup very well as soon as I played and purchased it at the store. I enjoy tinkering, so I played with the action till it fit my desires. But that's just being picky, considering the action was fine the way it came. I'm not a fan of glossy necks, and that is the one complaint I have of this guitar. But that's quite a subjective complaint considering everything else about this guitar is fine. The guitar was in great condition, nothing was loose or needed tightening.

Ibanez SZ320. I believe this guitar was made in 2005. Made in Korea. 22 frets that are decent sized. Mahogany body with a maple top. String-thru body, Gibraltar Tune-O-Matic bridge, set neck. 3-way switch with 2 volume controls and 1 master tone knob. The tuners are generic Ibanez tuners. Strat body style. Passive stock Duncan pickups.

Thurisaz
    This guitars cool. I've had mine about two years, and sold all my other guitars off. I treat mine like the prized possession it is. Now I love Ibanez!