SZ320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ320

Price paid: € 250

SUPERB. I'm playing it through a Roland Cube 20X as I am a indoorliving room player. Together with the little amp, which but produces much sound for an practise class B amp. If you're a fan of Heavy music or a smooth jazz and blues musician, than you wont miss by buying this baby. I play Three Days Grace, Seether, Steve Conte, Marty Friedman stuff. It gets the job done. Nice clean tones in the neck position, or middle or bridge. It sounds that great. It's got everything you need to rock out. I prefer Hard-rock and jazz over other music and I never played a better sounding guitar. ITS GOT A FEELING for sure. With DD PUS it makes a better job dona than you could ever imagine. It really depends on everything, not just the PUs.

BUY IT TILL they're STILL AVAILABLE. For the money (eBay makes them look like 70% sale off Squiers Bullet. It's better than a SG or other overrated, overpriced, overugly, overheavy, over-over something expensive guitars which sound like crap without the right amps and effects. You have a chance to buy it cheap? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR... YOU GO BUY IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK... IT WILL KEEP YOU COMPANY, HMMMM... TILL DEATH.

SOLID AS TANK. You could bust a stonewall with it. Its heavy duty, solid axe that would withstand any live plying and apocalyptical zombie attacks from hell. Prefer it over FRIENDS Gibson LP for ever. He paid 2500EUR, I paid for mine SZ 250, and you know hat? I beat it everytime with the sound, shape and comfortability of playing. BTW... Put a SD-SH4 and or a DiMarzio distortion type H in it and be ready to go...

PLAYMATE. You want to play it all day long. Factory setup is ever so underestimated. In this case its a great workmanship. Not a single flaw, no loose strings, no problems with electronic and it seen some very bad days with my (falls, kicks, dog-bites...) It looks like new. The flamed maple top makes it indestructible, well, it wont let anything attack the wood. Endurable tank, that is what it is.

SIMPLICITY. First of all I want to say, that this is an awesome guitar, but you already know that for sure. They were built in 2003 till 2006. My Ibanez SZ320 BK was made in 2005 and has the Duncan Designed PUs, which, even if stock, sound fabulous. They are high output PUs and they really represent a competition for the overpriced ones. The best feature is SIMPLICITY. It has a full mahogany body and a 3pc neck. The standard brigde in sync with the string-through body concept produce a neverending sustain. Everything on my is original, like new. As a HH passive setup, it is very versatile. It's solid and everything stays in tune. It gets a 9, because there are better guitars in features, but it gets a 9 because it has the features it has for the buck.

doug.henninger
    Holding my breath.... I have a very nice Ibanez SA seriesvand an unusually nice RG series and lately picked up an SZ320 with Duncan Blackouts installed. Very good shape and with a Gibraltar bridge at $200 to my door. When it arrives, I guess I will see how it is overdriven (pedal) into a Princeton Reverb with Celestion speaker.
    1Duffy1
    Beginners guitar? Dude, you been doing a lot of cork sniffing? Or possibly you just don't know what you are talking about. The vacumn of ignorance could also be an excusxe to get yourself out of this unanticipated bind. I have a beautiful metallic gold top SZ320, stock, with the Ibanez/Duncan pickups. These pickups are actually sought after items and are very excellent in their own right. I don't think you would gain much by installing regular Duncans, unless you want a particular sound; but then again these stock pickups produce really remarkable sounds.
    elemeka
    i have this guitar and i need to say if i had the chance to get another one i buy it again, Excellent guitar made in korea, the sound is great, I changed the duncans pickups for active EMG pickups and the sound is even better, well thats because I prefered the active pickups sound, but the duncans from this guitar are just great.