SZ520 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ520

Purchased from: Ruso's Music (Omaha, NE)

It's an Ibanez, of course it fits my style. I play a lot of hard rock and metal, and this guitar is God for me. I'm using it with a Marshall MG amp. Soon to be using some Digitech effects. There's a really full sound. But it doesn't sound good on a few of the settings. But I couple really rock like none other. Just mess around with it and your amp, you're bound to get something that you like with this guitar.

Overall, this is a very good guitar. Pair it up with a good amp and some good effects, and you don't need a $1,000 guitar to sound awesome. 'Nuff said.

This guitar is very reliable. I take it with me wherever I jam, and it hasn't broken yet. The finish like won't scratch. It's cool. It looks brand new even though I've had it for a while.

Everything about this guitar is awesome. The look, the feel; everything. The one thing that isn't good (but I think that it's out of my own fault) is that...dunno what it's called...where you plug the cord into the guitar...there's this thing that tightens to where the cord goes and where the cord thing is on the inside of the guitar...and it's REALLY loose. And won't stay tight. Then again, it might be me, but I doubt it.

Not sure what year it was made, but I'm pretty sure (don't have it with me at the moment and I'm a little to lazy to go downstairs, heh) that is was made in Korea. It has 22 medium frets, a quilted maple top. Really nice. It looks awesome. Maple body, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard. When I bought it, it didn't come with anything! Lol, that's probably just where I got it, but I don't even know what the controls do! I got mine at $450, but now it's at $475! Seriously, get it while you can, why do you think the price keeps going up?!